1. In summer, the golden-skinned Aussies come out en-masse to your closest beach.
2. Everyone is good looking.
3. You learn to re-define the appropriate length of shorts.
4. Australia Day is basically just a drinking holiday.
5. You avoid Bondi Beach at all costs, and head to Bronte instead.
6. You won’t find coffee this good anywhere.
7. And no-one does brunch like Australians.
8. Their accents and slang words are a little strange at first …
9. But you soon learn to embrace it.
10. Your accent will become this weird Aussie hybrid.
11. Weekends are all about the beach and getting outdoors.
12. You’ll only see a snake if you’re out in the country.
13. Speaking of the country, it’s so tranquil and beautiful that you’ll never want to leave.
14. The wild life is next-level.
15. The locals consider kangaroos a pest!
16. You’ll have to learn to live in harmony with cockroaches and spiders.
18. My Kitchen Rules, Big Brother, The Block and The Bachelor are big conversation-starters.
19. ‘Cold’ weather to them is 20 degrees (Celsius).
20. For most of the summer it feels like you’re walking around in a sauna.
21. The inner-city public transport is amazing.
22. But country link is the worst thing ever.
23. Mother nature can be scary.
24. Like, really scary.
25. Avocados are ridiculously expensive.
26. Health trends are a huge thing.
27. The NRL is like a religion.
28. They have an amazing health care system (or did … #budget14).
29. You learn have a love/hate relationship with Australian politicians.
30. But Australians are among the friendliest people in the world.
31. Everywhere you go there is another beautiful place to see and explore.
32. And you wake up smiling knowing that you live in such a wonderful country.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!