16. Ja Rule could've continued playing Edwin in the sequel to The Fast and the Furious, but he turned down a $500,000 offer, and was replaced by Ludacris, who currently plays Tej Parker in the series.
17. There were two scripts for 2 Fast 2 Furious. One featured Vin Diesel's character, Dominic Torretto, while the other was written without him, instead introducing new characters like Roman Pearce, played by Tyrese.
18. Michelle Rodriguez discovered that her character Letty was still alive in Fast Five the same way viewers did. She said, "They wanted to surprise me, I didn't find out until I actually went to the theater and saw it myself."
19. Director Justin Lin held a casting call for cars for Fast 8. The call was for drivers and their vehicles to serve as background extras.
20. The folks at Vulture did the math on the famous 13 minute runway scene in Fast and Furious 6 and it's estimated that the runway would have to have been 28 miles long for that scene to work. The longest paved runway in the world is 3.4 miles long.