1. Because women still deal with catcalling on a daily basis.
2. Because there are currently only 20 women serving in the United States Senate, compared to 80 men.
4. Because although we’ve made some great progress with female CEOs …
5. Overall, women still earn less money than men with the same education level.
6. Because a woman’s appearance is still under a microscope.
“The quality of my teaching shouldn’t depend on the color of my lipstick or whether I’ve got mascara on.” — Deborah Rhode, author of The Beauty Bias.
7. Because in the United States, a woman is raped every six seconds.
10. Because women experience terror when walking alone at night.
11. Because pepper spray shouldn’t have to be a necessity for women to feel safe.
12. Because women should be allowed to decide what happens to their bodies.
13. Because in a domestic abuse case, people ask, “Why did she stay?” instead of, “Why did he abuse?”
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱