1. The Cat Boat in Amsterdam
Yes. A CAT BOAT. The Cat Boat, or De Poezenboot, is the only animal sanctuary that literally floats. It is a haven for stray cats in the city. It’s been saving cats since 1966. And it’s a BOAT filled with CATS. Amazing.
2. Cat Cafes in Japan
Many residents in Japan aren’t allowed to keep pets. Therefore, cat lovers can spend time with their favorite felines at Cat Cafes. More than 150 of these types of cafes have opened in the past ten years.
3. Cat City, Kuching, Borneo
The city of Kuching, capital of Sarawak on the island of Borneo, is a cat lovers heaven. Fondly known as “Cat City,” Kuching has a quirky cat museum, cat statues, and thousands of cat souvenirs. And that’s not to mention the various stray cats throughout the city just waiting for your attention.
4. Cat Island, Tashirojima, Japan
On the island of Tashirojima, there are more cats than people. These stray cats call this island home. They are well-fed and well taken care of. Currently, dogs are not allowed on the island to protect the well-being of the cats, but you are! See more pictures from Cat Island in this BuzzFeed post.
5. Average Joe Cat Show, Arlington, Washington
The Average Joe Cat Show is a fun event hosted by Purrfect Pals. Dozens of cats come out ready to win each year. They can win awards in categories such as “Most Impressive Ear Hair,” and “Loudest Purr.” SOUNDS LIKE A LITERAL HEAVEN.
6. Hemingway’s Cats in Key West, Florida
The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum is home to approximately 40-50 polydactyl cats. That means they have six toes. Cats normally have five front toes and four back toes. Sometimes it looks like they’re wearing mittens. The cuteness just doesn’t stop.
7. Belgium’s Kattenstoet Cat Festival
We can celebrate our own feline friends every day…but how about a parade and festival in honor of cats? YES. Every third year, Ypres, Belgium comes alive with the sounds of purrs. The streets become filled with cats, cat-shaped foods, and feline merchandise. Sign us up.
8. Le Café des Chats, Paris
Paris opened their first cat cafe in September. While in Japan customers have to pay for cat time, Le Café des Chats’ owner Margaux Gandelon decided to make the focus of his cat cafe on the food- the cats are just a bonus. All the cats are rescued from an animal protection society.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳