1. You learnt to drive age 11 in your family's paddy basher ute.
2. And nailed your P's test the day you turned 17.
Fuck yeah, heading into town without Mum or Dad!
3. Your bus to school took at least two hours.
And you didn't get home until dark.
4. You spent your weekends herding sheep.
5. Using a sheep rattler.
Yes, you really did coax sheep into different paddocks using old tin lids threaded onto a bit of wire.
6. You loved stepping on baby paddy melons.
7. And cracking open the big guys, too.
8. For fun, you threw rocks in the dam.
Who needs movie theatres, or shopping centres, or friends, right? RIGHT?
9. And once you got older, learnt to skip them.
At which you were a total boss.
10. You nurtured, named and bottle-fed poddy lambs.
11. But had no qualms whatsoever about eating them.
12. Getting mail delivered every day was a crazy and mythical concept.
13. So was ordering delivery.
14. And so were high-speed, unlimited internet plans.
15. When you talk to city people, you say "near [insert big town]" instead of where you actually grew up.
16. Being in the city can feel like being trapped.
17. So sometimes, you've just gotta head back to the wide open spaces.
Nothing beats that country air.