Wearing a hoodie to show support for slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin is becoming an increasingly popular statement, especially after the remarks of people like Geraldo Rivera.
Now professional athletes are getting in on it. LeBron James, the best basketball player in the world, just posted this picture of him and his teammates:
3. Here’s the tweet that accompanied it:
D-Wade told the Miami Sun-Sentinel, “I’m a father. It’s support of the tragic thing that has taken place. No matter what color, race, we’re all fathers.”
“When you think about what that family’s going through, it hits you hard and it hurts your heart to think about it. Just anything you can do, obviously we can’t bring him back, but anything you can do to get behind and support is what we’re doing.”
The picture is old, but Wade decided it was worth posting in light of controversy surrounding Martin’s hoodie.
- Thousands have made it to the Women's March on Washington to stand up for women's right and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- Marches are being held around the world in solidarity with the women in Washington.
- People are participating in the Women's March today all the way in Antarctica, surrounded by penguins ❄️