Wearing a hoodie to show support for slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin is becoming an increasingly popular statement, especially after the remarks of people like Geraldo Rivera.
Now professional athletes are getting in on it. LeBron James, the best basketball player in the world, just posted this picture of him and his teammates:
3. Here’s the tweet that accompanied it:
D-Wade told the Miami Sun-Sentinel, “I’m a father. It’s support of the tragic thing that has taken place. No matter what color, race, we’re all fathers.”
“When you think about what that family’s going through, it hits you hard and it hurts your heart to think about it. Just anything you can do, obviously we can’t bring him back, but anything you can do to get behind and support is what we’re doing.”
The picture is old, but Wade decided it was worth posting in light of controversy surrounding Martin’s hoodie.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.