1. Tonight, the 2014 NCAA March Madness tournament comes to a close as UConn plays the University of Kentucky for the national title.
2. Apparently, one RA decided to remind his residents that even though their school is playing for the national championship, quiet hours are still being enforced.
3. The e-mail says:
Please go to Gampel or somewhere else to watch the game. Midnight quiet hours still apply here, so responsibly go nuts elsewhere. I’m on duty tonight and it’s going to be stressful, so please don’t to [sic] push it on our floor. There are going to be a lot of RA’s and police around North, if I wasn’t an RA I would personally stay away from here tonight.
In the end, remember that the only reason you care about the game is:
a.) because they’re wearing a UConn uniform
b.) you want an excuse to go wild
If it’s the first one, you’re cheering for laundry. Get excited if you want, but it’s nothing worth getting in trouble for. If it’s the second one, be as far away from me as possible tonight. I will not appreciate being disrespected over the outcome of a basketball game. I’ve done all I can to respect you and your privacy since August, please reciprocate this respect and be civil on the floor.
While you may get caught up in tonight, please remember that the night will eventually end. And no matter what the basketball team does, I’m still going to be your RA for another month.
So have fun, but not too much fun.
4. Students and UConn fans aren’t taking kindly to Derek’s words, according to the #RADerek hashtag.
11. In Derek’s defense, UConn does make it to the championship quite a bit, so maybe tonight’s game just doesn’t feel like a huge deal to him.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.