1. The U.S. Capitol Building’s lawn was covered with over 100 red quilts on Saturday, March 1st.
2. The event is a part of The Monument Quilt project and was organized by FORCE, an organization dedicated to “upsetting rape culture.”
3. The goal of this project is to create a public space for victims of rape and assault to heal.
10. “We are creating a new culture where survivors are publicly supported, rather than publicly shamed.”
Learn more about The Monument Quilt and how to share your own story.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- A draft of an Obamacare repeal plan was released that would strip many benefits and taxes from the healthcare law, while blocking federal funds from Planned Parenthood.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀