1. Filed under “news that will put a *smile* on your face: Pharrell is transforming his hit-single “Happy” into a children’s book of the same name.
2. And here’s a first look at the book trailer, which adorably shows the platinum artist talking to kids and asking what makes them happy:
6. Not only is he promoting the idea of happiness through his book, but Pharrell is also spearheading a campaign with Penguin Books called #ReadHAPPY, which will donate books to children in need.
If you use the hashtag #ReadHAPPY to post photos and explanations about why reading makes you happy, Penguin will donate a book to First Book, a nonprofit that helps children gain access to books and educational resources. They’ll donate up to 50,000 books.
8. You can buy a copy of Happy! on October 6.
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, has volunteered to testify in the Senate about his multiple meetings with the Russian ambassador.
- Attorney General Sessions threatened to block money to so-called sanctuary cities that don't help deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- After stopping three girls from boarding a plane for wearing leggings, United Airlines is getting mocked by everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Delta ✈️ 👀