1. Lately, the women of Ladylike have been wanting to feel more powerful — something increasingly difficult in a time when it’s hard not to feel a little helpless. So we thought a small (but significant) way to reclaim some of our boss bitch power was to get fitted for some kick-ass suits:
2. Before we went shopping, we had our current suits looks — or lack thereof — evaluated by Tony and Leon from Sharpe Suiting.
Their two big tips for everybody looking for a suit:
1. The most important places where you want to make sure your suit fits is around the shoulders and around the seat (of your pants).
2. Make sure the color is something you feel fierce in, as a great cut doesn’t matter if you’re feeling awk in chartreuse or something.
3. First up was Freddie, who, before her suit makeover, had a black and white checkered suit that made her feel like Olivia Pope, but that she couldn’t really move around in.
Tony’s suit makeover recommendation for Freddie: Ditch the skirt, and find a pair of skinny pants (with stretch) that will compliment the jacket so that she can move around more.
4. And here’s Freddie after:
Fred’s feelings, post suit makeover: I wore my pant suit to work, I had two really really big shoots that day, and I felt amazing. I definitely feel like there was a boost in my confidence. It was something that really catapulted me into making sure I felt powerful, making sure that I felt good and not losing hope.”
9. Devin started out with only a three-quarters length jacket, but she wanted to find some pieces better ~suited~ to being a long-limbed person.
Leon’s suiting recommendation for Devin: Ditch the three-quarters length jacket, and find a jacket where its shoulders end at the same point where Devin’s do.
12. And here’s Kristin after:
Kristin’s feelings, post suit makeover: I wore this to my engagement shoot with my fiancé Brian, and originally I was going to bring another outfit to change into, but I ended up just going with it. It felt really cool and fresh and different — plus you could see my boobs, which Brian liked.
13. Honestly, we just felt better in our suits — and getting sleek, powerful clothes for our bodies ended up being a self-care thing we didn’t even realize we wanted (and needed).
- France is casting its first round of ballots today for a new president in a context unlike any other in the country's recent history 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in bizarre video — while playing catch.
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.