17 Things Only Kids Who Grew Up In A Mixed Race Household Would Understand
Deep appreciation for not burning in 12 degree heat.
1. Fusion food was a staple in your house long before it became a food trend.
2. One of your parents will complain about how over- / under-spiced the other's cooking is.
3. When you holiday in a hot country someone has to spend the whole time in the shade, fearing the sun.
4. But venturing somewhere cold isn't universally popular either.
5. They have no idea how your hair/skin works.
6. You know you're in trouble when someone switches to her mother tongue.
7. Although, that does mean you can secretly curse out people so well.
8. Two different cultures; two different styles of discipline.
9. Going out with your parents just leads to awkward questions.
" Is she your real mum tho?"
10. Or your siblings.
11. Not to mention all the questions you get about your family name.
12. You have your own unique traditions.
13. You'll probably have family members that are kind of against your existence.
Scary Uncle Jeff who keeps talking loudly about immigration at family meals.