4. Charlize Theron studied at the Joffrey Ballet School in New York before a knee injury turned her to acting.
Theron showcased her dancing chops onstage at the 2013 Oscars with Channing Tatum.
7. Michelle Yeoh studied at the Royal Academy of Dance in London before she suffered a spinal injury. She went on to become an international kickass action hero.
8. Mia Wasikowska started ballet at age nine and was dancing 35 hours a week before turning to acting.
She later spoke of her decision to change courses, stating, “dance is about perfection” and films inspired her because of “the imperfections they showed in people” and how that felt more interesting to pursue.
10. Deborah Kerr did her training at the Sadler Well’s ballet school before acting lured her away.
11. Jennifer Garner started dancing ballet at age three which led her to musical theater and acting.
13. Zoe Saldana studied at the ECOS Espacio de Danza Academy but quit ballet to find her voice in acting.
She broke out in 2000’s dance film Center Stage, still a cult favorite of dance kids everywhere, and has been unstoppable since. It looks like Zoe found her voice.
14. Naomi Campbell enrolled at the age of 10 at Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts for ballet to follow in her dancer mother’s footsteps, but thought she was too tall to continue dancing.
15. Jenna Elfman was classically trained at Los Angeles County High School for the Arts in ballet.
16. Kim Basinger started dancing at age three before pursuing beauty pageants and acting.
18. Penelope Cruz studied ballet at Spain’s National Conservatory for nine years to help her get rid of her extra energy.
19. Elisabeth Moss trained at the School of American Ballet in NYC and the Kennedy Center in D.C. for ballet.
20. Megan Mullally studied at the School of American Ballet in New York and was once a soloist dancer for the Oklahoma City Ballet before getting involved with acting.
She hilariously auditioned for Dancing With The Stars on her now defunct talk show. No, but seriously, why hasn’t she been on Dancing With The Stars
21. Cyd Charisse danced with the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo before she danced with both Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire.
22. Madonna had a dance scholarship at the University of Michigan before she dropped out to become, uh, Madonna.
- For the second day in California, protests against Donald Trump grew heated as demonstrators briefly overcame a police barricade.
- The U.S. Navy will now let sailors wear neck tattoos and sleeves, in an effort to maintain its appeal among young people ⚓️
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯