3. In the winter of 2003, SARS scared the shit out of you.
You wore a face mask everywhere. Even to the bathroom.
12. You did your homework at some place with a generator.
During the rolling blackouts that followed the 921 Earthquake, you definitely did your math homework at a KFC.
15. While we’re talking music, A-mei is to you what Mariah Carey is to America.
聽海 is still your karaoke staple.
16. And Jay Chou is Taiwan’s answer to Justin Timberlake.
21. You had a pearl milk tea pretty much glued to your hand.
The rest of the world calls it boba, pearl milk tea, tapioca, but you know it’s only true name is 珍珠奶茶. And you drank so much of this stuff, it was basically a food group.
22. You befriended or rescued a stray dog.
Sometimes, you adopted an entire pack.
26. Coco Lee’s “Di Da Di” was the song that followed you around for months in 1998.
Even now, the song is so catchy, it’ll be in your head all day. You’re welcome.
- President Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 30.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk said his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝