This week on The X Factor they celebrated 10 years of the show.
And yes, first winner Steve Brookstein got almost three whole seconds of air time.
@seh81 yay 10 years later they show a 2 sec clip. Whoopie!! :0)
1. We were reminded of these special moments.
3. But it was the start of a new show… and Nicole Scherzinger made her entrance like this.
4. Olly Murs came back to perform. And reminded us how much we love him so.
And it caused a fair bit of hysteria on Twitter.
Boybands, OM & JB!â™¥
Right, I’m gonna admit… I cried, yes I cried at @ollyofficial’s performance on the #XFactor tonight… I miss him SO fucking much!â™¥
But a few people got mad because it was actually originally a Miley Cyrus song.
I don’t know who sung The Climb on the xFactor but they should never breathe again! Leave it to Miley!
The Climb is by Miley Cyrus NOT Joe McEldry #XFactor
Miley Cyrus before she turned out to be a crackhead - The Climb #xfactor
6. But it was all forgotten again by the time Nicholas was handed a special 17th birthday cake. Aww.
7. Louis Walsh revealed his favourite thing about The X Factor is getting hired.
8. But that’s not how it sounded to us, Louis.
Er….Louis Walsh’s favourite thing about #XFactor is that he “gets hard”???
dear @xfactor did louis walsh just say “ten years of getting hired” or “ten years of getting hard?” so confused #XFactor
What? Louis Walsh’s highlight has been “getting hard every year”? #XFactor
9. Luke Friend sang One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful” perfectly.
11. Rough Copy gave a stellar rendition of Little Mix’s “Don’t Let Go”. But it wasn’t quite enough and they were put in the sing-off.
12. Tamera Foster forgot her words again. But looked lovely with her new bob.
The fact that Tamera Foster is still in, even though she keeps forgetting her words surprises me. #FixFactor
Still think the X Factor should use Tamera’s performance’s to guess the missing words for their competitions.
14. Alexandra Burke also came back to the show. And spent it crying for no reason, of course.
15. Then Hannah Barrett owned “Hallelujah”, the song Burke also covered.
16. But she was surprisingly put in the sing-off for the third time and sent home by the judges :(
17. JLS performed on the results show.
18. Followed by a duet between Mary J. Blige and Jessie J. As Dermot put it: “It was like a big Christmassy diva-off.” Well put.
19. But it was One Direction who almost made the audience spontaneously combust.
I am absolutely devastated that Wagner and Jedward didn’t come back for @TheXFactor 10th birthday #bestcontestantsever !!xx
I’m sorry but Tamera needed to go tonight.. it’s ridiculous that she is still there.. even Wagner remembered his lyrics #TheFixFactor