2. Ellie Goulding even picked up Best Solo Artist over Bowie.
I just won Best Solo Act at the Q awards. What an honour x
3. She thought it might just be because David hadn’t showed up.
I really didn’t expect this, you know, but perhaps David Bowie not being here had something to do with it?
5. Who wore red to match his wife… and the Q magazine logo, of course.
6. Robbie Williams won the Q Idol Award - and joked it had been made up to ensure he’d turn up.
8. Laura Whitmore came dressed as a sheepdog.
9. And she proclaimed Biffy Clyro as the best dressed.
Best dressed three at #Qawards @biffyclyro
10. But we think that title should go to this man.
11. Biffy Clyro also won Best Album for Opposites… and were very thankful David Bowie wasn’t there.
As always, thank fuck David Bowie isn’t here.
13. Yet looked utterly scared at the prospect.
In their acceptance speech Ezra Koenig joked: “Are we really the best band in the world today? We did a battle of the bands once and came third. But now we’re the best. So thank you Q. And to the two bands who beat us in 2006? Go fuck yourselves.”
14. While Foals won Best Live Act and celebrated by pulling these faces.
16. Michael and Emily Eavis were handed the Best Event award for Glastonbury.
19. Their speech was of course the best of the afternoon.
A typically eloquent speech from Neil. Chris just leant forward and said “Cheers” before walking off. The very best double act.