1. Remember those rubber wristbands that were for various super important causes? Yeah, you used to trade them with all of your friends.
2. Or maybe instead of a supporting a cause you wanted to show off to EVERYONE how much you loved Fall Out Boy.
3. You snuck downstairs to watch The Real World: Austin and pretended to know what they were talking about.
4. You were jealous of all of your friends who had cell phones already...
5. And when you finally got one, you wondered what life was like with a real cell phone instead of a pre-paid Nokia.
6. Your outfit wasn't complete unless you wore something with an Abercrombie & Fitch or Hollister Co. logo on it.
7. And your heart skipped a beat when the hottie from math class came up to talk to you with an eagle embroidered on his shirt.
8. Oh and you definitely owned multiple pairs of these bad girls.
9. You were really cool if you came back from vacation with your puka shell necklace.
10. You made a pledge to "D.A.R.E. to resist drugs and violence."
11. You almost choked on AXE Body Spray when you were walking down the hallway after gym class.
12. While playing Mavis Beacon teaches typing in computer class, you attempted to type using those pesky latex key covers.
13. You waited all year for Book Fair week because it was always the most lit.
14. After school you spent time looking for the perfect Myspace layout and icons...
15. And making sure your Nintendog didn't die.
16. You LIVED for Dance Dance Revolution and frequently got the electro-pop songs stuck in your head.
17. And you listened to "Everytime We Touch" by Cascada on the highest tech device available.
18. You imagined what it was like to live in a hotel or at a boarding school near the ocean.
19. You spent hours upon hours in Claire's.
20. You also couldn't wait for the day when you were ~mature~ enough to go to Icing.
21. And finally, you dreamed about what high school would be like.
Rihanna's "Umbrella" came out in 2007. An earlier version of this post included an image from the music video. Either way, long live "Umbrella."