9. She's turning down excellent songs.
8. The much-anticipated "Barz" may finally be on its way.
In May, Rihanna posted a series of lyric-like tweets with the hashtag #barz. Around the same time, Keri Hilson tweeted her own #barz line and Nicki Minaj shared some fan art on Instagram with the caption "Bang Bang!!! #Barz." "Bang Bang" ended up being the title of Nicki's collaboration with Jessie J and Ariana Grande, could #Barz be the title of song she did with Rihanna and Keri? It looks like we'll find out soon.
7. The unexpected should be expected.
6. According to Dash Radio's DJ Skee, Rihanna played the completed album for Def Jam last weekend and the first single is to be titled "I've Been Searching for Something to Ignite Me When I'm Alone."
If any pop star is bold enough to give their song a novel-length title, it's Rih.
5. Sia was coaxed into contributing a song.
4. And longtime collaborator Ne-Yo is onboard and he's excited.
3. Songwriter Alicia Renee was moved to tears during a recording sessions for #R8.
2. And she spent October tweeting a series of seriously Rihanna-esque lyrics.
1. It could literally drop any moment.
If Beyonce's taught us anything it's that the year's most-anticipated album can be uploaded to iTunes at any time. When Rihanna says that #R8 is coming "soon," she could mean tomorrow. Members of the Navy should stay on high alert until further notice.