1. According to a story in the New Orleans Advocate, Mikayla Stern-Ellis messaged Emily Nappi last Spring to see if she wanted to be roommates when they both began their freshman years at Tulane the following Fall.
2. Mikayla discovered Emily on a Tulane University website meant to help freshmen select their roommates. They both listed themselves as curly-haired California natives who were passionate about theater, and had lesbian parents.
“I was looking at the survey, and I was looking at Emily’s answers and I saw that we had a lot in common,” Mikayla Stern-Ellis told The Tulane Hullabaloo.
6. When they got to school, the girls were roomed in the same dorm, one floor apart, and both got parts in Tulane’s production of “The Vagina Monologues.” Over Thanksgiving break, they both bought the same sweater in different colors.
- Former prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- U.S Department of Defense is expected to end its ban on transgender military service in July.