1. According to a story in the New Orleans Advocate, Mikayla Stern-Ellis messaged Emily Nappi last Spring to see if she wanted to be roommates when they both began their freshman years at Tulane the following Fall.
2. Mikayla discovered Emily on a Tulane University website meant to help freshmen select their roommates. They both listed themselves as curly-haired California natives who were passionate about theater, and had lesbian parents.
“I was looking at the survey, and I was looking at Emily’s answers and I saw that we had a lot in common,” Mikayla Stern-Ellis told The Tulane Hullabaloo.
6. When they got to school, the girls were roomed in the same dorm, one floor apart, and both got parts in Tulane’s production of “The Vagina Monologues.” Over Thanksgiving break, they both bought the same sweater in different colors.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.