1. According to a story in the New Orleans Advocate, Mikayla Stern-Ellis messaged Emily Nappi last Spring to see if she wanted to be roommates when they both began their freshman years at Tulane the following Fall.
2. Mikayla discovered Emily on a Tulane University website meant to help freshmen select their roommates. They both listed themselves as curly-haired California natives who were passionate about theater, and had lesbian parents.
“I was looking at the survey, and I was looking at Emily’s answers and I saw that we had a lot in common,” Mikayla Stern-Ellis told The Tulane Hullabaloo.
6. When they got to school, the girls were roomed in the same dorm, one floor apart, and both got parts in Tulane’s production of “The Vagina Monologues.” Over Thanksgiving break, they both bought the same sweater in different colors.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞