1. OK OK, let's just get it out of the way: 2015 IS THE YEAR WE FINALLY GOT A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE.
2. Which means new lightsabers, new droids, new characters, new possible sibling pseudo-incest (haha jk BUT ALSO MAYBE).
3. We also got a WHOLE NEW chapter in the Jurassic Park saga, with lots of new dinosaurs (and some old ones).
Nice to meet you, Mosasaurus. Hello again, trusty ol' T. rex.
4. And the greatest love story of the year was between a man and a raptor. You're our girl forever, Blue.
5. Potterheads were gifted with a brand-new play by Queen Jo herself.
6. And a brand-new movie from the Potterverse, starring Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander.
7. And in this same blessed year, Newt Scamander also starred in the greatest sci-fi film of this decade.*
8. Muggles everywhere united to try and free Dobby IRL.
9. And we all gave some serious thought to the idea that Dumbledore could, perhaps, be Death himself — a theory Jo approved!
10. Superhero shows took over TV in the best way possible, giving us a whole lot to wake up for.
11. And they included a bunch of women who GAVE US OUR WHOLE ENTIRE LIIIVES.
12. And, slightly elsewhere, it felt like the comic book world was throwing amazing heroines at us from EVERY DIRECTION.
It was overwhelming in the best of ways.
13. Thanks to Dany, it was more socially acceptable to openly and loudly debate dragons in public this year.
14. Don't forget that time we all lost our collective shit over the Captain America: Civil War trailer.
16. We got a slew of new superhero movies to debate into the wee hours of the night.
17. Space botany became a thing. A super nerdy, hot thing.
18. Space dogs became a thing. A super nerdy, hot thing.
19. Mad Max: Fury Road let us revel in the glory of a man in footsie pajamas playing a FLAMING GUITAR on a fucking war rig.
20. While giving us an iconic new hero AND an iconic new couple's cosplay to consider.
21. And Sense8 treated us to the ultimate nerdy sex dream: An orgy that happens all in your head, so you don't even have to leave your house to get laid.
Everything happens so much, etc.