1. According to creator Rob Thomas, the “Veronica Mars” movie Kickstarter was the “fastest Kickstarter project to hit $1M.”
“We were the fastest Kickstarter project to hit $2M. We set the record for highest goal ever achieved. (Other KS projects have done better than us — so far — but none set a goal as high as our $2M goal.),” he wrote Thursday.
3. Unless a lot of potential Hollywood movies that have built-in fan bases start using Kickstarter, it’s unlikely that another project will get this far anytime soon.
According to Quantcast, a website that measures audience growth and information, Kickstarter “reaches over 8.4 million monthly people, of which 4.0 million (49%) are in the U.S. The typical visitor reads Wired Magazine, subscribes to Popular Science, and receives National Geographic.”
5. And these are the cities that the most “Veronica Mars” donations came from:
6. But for the majority of people, this was the first Kickstarter they’d ever funded:
7. And that roughly 50 percent had joined Kickstarter in the last two days:
8. While more women than men donated to “Veronica Mars”:
Though the campaign was funded through hundreds of small donations, it’s worth noting that the campaign maxed out on their top donations, which included pledges between $3,500 and $10,000.
11. And because it’s been so successful, they’ve since announced new rewards.
Data from an analysis of the first 35378 contributors’ Kickstarter profiles. Gender data sampled from 1 in every 6 contibuters.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.