1. When Miss Golden Globe first started, they posed for great photos like these:
2. 1966, Cheryl Miller
3. 1967, Corinna Tsopei
4. 1968, Alexandra Hay
5. In the 1970s, the Hollywood Foreign Press moved away from using actresses who were just starting out and towards the children of established celebrities:
6. 1975, Melanie Griffith
Daughter of Tippi Hedren.
8. 1989, Kyle Aletter
Daughter of Frank Aletter (actor, VP of the Screen Actors Guild) and Lee Meriweather (Barnaby Jones, The Munsters, 1966’s Batman).
9. 1993, Erin Hamilton
With mom Carol Burnett.
10. 1994, Alexandrea Martin
Whoopi Goldberg’s daughter.
11. In the ’90s, they introduced their first “Mr. Golden Globe”:
12. 1995, John Clark Gable
Clark Gable’s son.
13. 1996, Freddie Prinze Jr.
Back when he was just starting out and was better known as Chico and the Man star Freddie Prinze’s son.
14. 1997, Clementine Ford
With mom Cybill Shepherd.
15. 2000, Lisa Huber
Yes, that is Susan Lucci.
16. 2001, Katie Flynn
With mom Jane Seymour.
17. 2002, Haley Giraldo
That’s mom Pat Benatar with her.
18. 2003, Dominik Garcia-Lorido
She’s the one in the red dress, with her father Andy Garcia.
19. 2004, Lily Costner
Kevin Costner and his daughter.
20. In the mid-2000s, some of the Miss Golden Globe girls started to become famous in their own right:
21. 2005, Kathryn Eastwood
The first Eastwood daughter, middle, to be crowned Miss Golden Globe. Pay attention to that little one on the right.
22. 2006, Dakota Johnson
Best known then as the offspring of Melanie Griffith, Dakota Johnson now plays Kate on Ben and Kate. They’re the only mother/daughter pair to ever both be Miss Golden Globe.
23. 2007, Lorraine Nicholson
Lorraine, child of Jack Nicholson, also played Princess Lorraine in The Princess Diaries 2.
25. 2010, Mavis Spencer
Alfre Woodard’s daughter didn’t let the rain stop her from rocking an Angelina’s leg (before that was even a thing).
26. 2011, Gia Mantegna
Do people today know who Joe Mantegna is?
27. 2012, Rainey Qualley
With mom Andie McDowell.
28. 2013, Sam Michael Fox
Michael J. Fox’s son with his mom and dad at the 2012 Emmy awards. He’ll be this year’s Mr. Golden Globe.