33 Smart Beauty Purchases For Under $25
The good stuff to help you save product, keep your makeup in place, and do much more.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An ~out-of-this-world~ eyeshadow palette that offers up 21 stellar shades similar to that of Urban Decay's Born to Run. We love to save some money, yes we doooo.
Promising review: "This palette is so pretty! Defiantly a dupe for the Urban Decay palette. The pigmentation is more vibrant on a good eyeshadow base (like concealer or primer) but obviously what shadows aren't. For the money of this palette though you really get a great deal. I have tried plenty of eyeshadow palettes in my time and i would consider the formula to be higher in quality." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon from $9.99.
2. A putty primer created to blur pores and grip to your skin so your makeup goes on smooth and then stays put. Plus, the creamy formula is infused with squalane — hello, hydration!
Promising review: "I bought this a year ago after seeking a good but reasonable primer. I started to look into this mostly because of its comparison to the Tatcha primer. I like to pat this all over my face, focusing on nose pores and under-eye wrinkles. I then wait a few minutes and go in with my base makeup. Whilst this isn't a miracle pore eliminator (they're natural after all), it does minimize them and gives a blurring effect as well as smoothening skin. I do feel my makeup applies slightly better and lasts better with this." —Anonymous
Get it from e.l.f. Cosmetics for $9.
3. An eyebrow soap kit that'll set brow hairs in place with its natural beeswax formula, and create that fluffy, natural look.
Promising review: "I've never used brow soap before so I can't really compare it to any other brands, but it does the job well and really allowed my eyebrows to hold a nice shape. It completely transformed my eyebrows and gave me fuller, higher brows which looks so much better." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $7.49.
4. A matte lipstick set featuring six fabulous shades. The mix of soft pinks and deeper red-browns gives you the range to go subtle or big and bold. All of this for $12??????
5. A blue shampoo to tone down unwanted orange hues in hair so your mane keeps the vibrant, natural color from your last visit — you know, which means less pricey touchups!
Promising review: "I was skeptical but now I’m a believer! My hair is naturally dark brown and bleaching always leaves it very brassy. I tried purple shampoo with no avail but this really seems to help tone down the orange. Now, it does not lighten of course but it really takes my hair to a more true honey-beige shade. As a plus, it makes my nails super white. Goes without saying that you should rinse the shower once done to avoid blue spots on white tile." —KH
Get it from Amazon for $11.46.
6. A body ~nectar~ made with five different pressed plant oils your skin will drink up like water. This non-greasy formula absorbs into the skin, leaving it feeling hydrated and soft.
7. A highlighter that'll do nothing but leave behind a buttery shimmer you can build up for a look that truly SPARKLES.
Promising review: "One of the best highlighters I have ever used. It is really creamy and catches the light beautifully. I usually wear more natural makeup and I find that if I apply with a fan brush and then run it in with my fingers it’s not so bright. This being said, I found that I can also build it up into a really intense color/ highlight when I want to. Also, in my opinion, it lays really nicely on top of both powder and liquid foundation. No complaints." —Krysten L
Get it from Amazon for $5.75+ (available in four shades).
8. A set of foam rods to give your mane a break from the heat while still delivering beachy waves that require little effort on your part. Really, you could put these things in and then head straight back to the couch.
Promising review: "I absolutely love these!!! I was skeptical at first and now they are part of my every night routine. I love having carefree curls that last as long as I do without having to put heat on my already dry from bleaching hair. I would recommend these for any and everyone who is tired of the heat and the smell of a traditional curling iron or wand. I will never go back!" —ZombieCakez
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
Read our complete write up on these no-heat hair rods.
9. A leave-in detangling therapy for natural curls, coils, and waves to remedy those painful knots and tangles. The shea butter and olive oil formula works together to restore moisture so your brush glides through instead of catching on every. single. knot. Ouch.
Promising review: "This. Is. LIFE! Seriously. I am Black, with 4C hair that has the tightest coils on the planet! I struggle to retain moisture in my hair. If you need something to truly moisturize your hair and keep it moisturized this is your product! My hair is soft, them c u r l s spring back like they are reborn again. We call this that SNAP BACK! It tames frizz, thickens, moisturizers, and softens! I diluted two tbsp of the product with a cup of water, put it in a spray bottle and use it as a leave in. This stuff is miracle in a bottle!!!! —Shonda C.
Get it from Amazon for $12.81.
10. Clove + Hallow Hydratint — aka a gorgeous blush-serum hybrid infused with hyaluronic acid and meadowfoam oil for a subtle flush that also treats your skin lovingly — hello, blush that elevates your natural skin!
I loooooove this stuff. It's like this magical formula that seamlessly blends in with my skin, leaving me with a flushed look that’s the perfect amount of noticeable — not too bold, not too bright. I’ve never been one for blush or playing around with colors, so I love that this is incredibly buildable while still being natural looking. It keeps my skin hydrated, which I am forever thankful for as my cheeks tend to get dry during colder months. But it also looks amazing when used with a setting powder on humid days. And because it’s a lightweight serum, it’s incredibly easy to blend with other colors in the Hydratint line. Lastly, it’s in the cutest bottle and ya really can’t top an adorable product that gives stellar results.
BTW, this small biz is a woman-owned brand based out of Atlanta, GA that was created to provide high-quality, vegan products all with 15 clean ingredients or less.
Get it from Clove + Hallow for $19 (available in four shades).
11. A 100% pure hyaluronic acid serum for ultimate hydration. This incredible skincare ingredient helps tighten skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Face n Earth Skincare is a woman-owned business started by Sonya McLeod and based in Buckeye, AZ. Sonya started creating her own skincare products after she realized she didn't trust what was out there on the market. She now makes all of her own formulas, free of harsh chemicals and icky things you don't want on your skin.
Promising review: "This is my first time using a hyaluronic acid serum and I’m so glad I decided to try it out. Literally after the first use I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. It’s so soft and plump and the samples of the cleansers I bought were also amazing as well. I’ll definitely be purchasing more products from this shop!!" —Amara Beaty
12. A cult-favorite mascara that'll add volume and length to your lashes with a few flicks of the wrist, so those minimal makeup days are even easier.
Promising review: I absolutely LOVE this mascara. I have very sensitive eyes and am highly devoted to my trusted brands. When a friend suggested this mascara I was curious, as she loved it. For the price point and how good it looked on her eyes, I thought 'why not.' Holy moley. I'm in love. It makes my lashes longer, — looks like I'm natural but better — and has a thinner formula so it looks like I have a billion gorgeous lashes, and looks the same all day long. I cannot recommend this enough. It doesn't rub during the day and give me that black eye look. It's wonderful. Must buy. —Katherine Ochsman
Get it from Amazon for $12.95.
13. A miracle-working hair treatment – it might just spin your damaged hair into golden locks ready for their hair commercial debut, all thanks to its top-notch ingredients: ceramides and collagen.
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing! I saw this as a beauty recommendation on BuzzFeed as a dupe for Opalex (which I had tried and wasn't blown away by) so I thought I would give it a try — and I'm so thankful I did! My bleached and heat damaged hair feels so soft, is more manageable, and looks healthier after each use. I agree with other reviewers that it seems like a big price tag for the size of the bottle, but a little bit does go a long way and it is so worth it. I wish it came in a larger size bottle so I didn't have to reorder so quickly." —Carly S. Whitson
Get it from Amazon for $8.75.
And check out a BuzzFeed editors full review of the Elizavecca CER-100 Collagen Protein Treatment!
14. A pair of tweezers with suuuuuper pointy tips able to do it all: Remove blackheads, ingrown hairs, splinters, teeny hairs, ticks, and whatever else your skin could possibly throw at you.
Promising review: "I have all three tweezers and they by far are THE BEST TWEEZERS I HAVE EVER PURCHASED. From removing hair and blackheads, these tweezers definitely do the job. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone being that they have excellent grip on them as well. I have also found them very helpful in removing splinters and ticks as well. You will not go wrong making this purchase of well put together tweezers." —Larissa Wright
Get it from Amazon for $9.97.
15. A lash booster for making lashes look, spoiler, boosted. The primer glides on to create a thicker base so when you apply mascara, your lashes appear fuller and longer.
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing!! Whenever I use it I always get asked if I have lash extensions on! My lashes are naturally short so that says a lot about this product. It's easy to use and isn't clumpy or messy. I have no idea how it works, I just know it does! I will be keeping this on hand at all times! Buy it, you won't be disappointed!" —Nicky
Get it from Amazon for $6.12.
16. A peppermint coffee body scrub great for a post-workout exfoliation so you don't have to ~sweat~ over unwanted breakouts. It's packed with natural and anti-bacterial ingredients to give your skin a ridiculously fresh feeling.
This fun small biz is based in Melbourne, and sells a variety of body scrubs and other skincare goodies.
Promising review: "I adore this scrub, it feels so fresh and clean after I’ve been to the gym, and it makes my skin softer than ever. I’ve been using other scrubs for years and this one is my favorite by far!" —Miss w.
Get it from Frank Body for $18.95.
17. A NYX jumbo eye pencil with soft tips that'll blend on your lids like butter and throw worries of precision out the window.
Promising review: "I am lazy and hate doing my makeup, especially after a morning workout on a weekday. I wanted something I could throw in my bag and smear around my eyes in a couple of seconds, and to just add a little color without the fussiness. This fits the bill perfectly. It gives my eyes a little definition, but isn't super noticeable. The slight shimmer also makes me look awake on days where I'm dragging. It is not intensely shiny, though, which is important to me — I'm not a disco ball! It just reflects light and looks luminescent, not glittery. Because this is so easy to use, non-irritating, and is the exact color I was looking for, I expect that I will keep ordering it as long as it's available." —Rachel
Get it from Amazon for $3.64+ (available in 13 shades).
18. A Lippie Stix from ColourPop because full matte coverage, rich pigments, and hydration should ALWAYS go hand-in-hand. Tl;dr: This wont dry our your lips (like some matte lipsticks tend to do).
Promising review: "I have never gotten so many compliments on a lip color before. It's a perfect brick-ish red that compliments everything. The Lippie formula, as per usual, is great as well. Lasts all day even after meals." —Georgianna P.
19. A two-sided eyebrow pencil and brush with a half millimeter tip (yeah — that's TINY!) that'll create precise lines that actually blend in with your brows.
Promising review: "This is my favorite brow pencil I have ever used. I was actually going to fork up the cash to get the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but I heard that this was comparable, so I decided to give it a try and I love it! Even though my eyebrows are dark blonde, I got it in the brunette shade and I think it matches pretty close. It glides on smoothly and lasts all day. Will definitely be purchasing this from now on." —amykaylo
Get it from Amazon for $7.97+ (available in 10 shades).
20. A ridiculously cheap and equally amazing setting powder for ridding excess shine and oil to leave skin looking flawless. And if you're wondering about possible flashback, there isn't any — just see for yourself:
I've seen this all over Amazon and Instagram, and decided to check it out for myself to see if it really was a great dupe for more expensive setting powders. I can confirm — this stuff is great.
Promising review: "I am totally blown away by this product! I have been consistently using Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Setting Powder for about six months, and was dissatisfied with the fact that my skin appeared greasy/oily by the end of the work day. I live in a warm climate and have oily skin. By the end of my work day using this powder, my face is still very matte! I am THRILLED! This way outperforms the Laura Mercier powder and is a fraction of the cost. Can't believe it. Never going back." —AlexisJulian
Get it from Amazon for $5.72 (available in five shades).
21. A Cuccio milk + honey cuticle oil to help keep your cuticles hydrated and free from dreaded cracking and peeling. It's packed with cold pressed oils and vitamins to really lock in the moisture.
Promising review: "This thing is amazing! This is the best my cuticles have ever seen! I normally have pretty dry cuticles. I have been putting this in the morning and at night, and it's been just three days and I can see the results already. It's a big bottle and I really like the scent it has. I am pretty happy with my purchase." —Jennifer G.
Get it from Amazon for $9.45 (available in six scents/types).
22. Silicone face mask "brushes" – it'll make application incredibly ~smooth~ (just like your radiant skin) and mess-free. It's actually just one soft, flexible piece of silicone — meaning you'll waste significantly less of your mask.
Promising review: "I'm an esthetician and have never used a brush like this but decided to try it out. I was a bit skeptical about how it would feel since it is one piece (silicone) instead of bristles. My mask went on perfect and smooth and I didn't have to waste any of the mask either. PLUS! You won't have to worry about a bunch of mask getting stuck in your bristles, definitely purchasing more for my new job!" —Tamar Yacoubian
Get a set of two from Amazon for $3.98.
23. A set of Pretty Fab Nails nails wraps that'll take your at-home mani to much fancier heights. Just peel, stick, and file and voila! Look at these floral beauts:
This darling little biz is based in Florida and sells a variety of nail wrap designs, stickers, and nail tools and accessories.
Promising review: "I wanted to wait to review these nail wraps as they just kept going! I bought these thinking I would be happy if they lasted the weekend... I finally removed them last night after 26 days! I followed the application instructions (swipe nail with nail polish remover beforehand), and finished with a top coat, making sure to cap the tip of the nail too. When wearing these nails, I bathed, I swam, and they still lasted! One set will be enough for two applications for short nails. I would definitely purchase these again!" —Charlotte Wilkinson
24. A Glossier Stretch Concealer made with elastic waxes move *with* your skin instead of caking on top of it.
Promising review: "This concealer makes me look like I got eight hours of sleep when I'm working on four. Where all other concealers have caked in the fine lines now appearing under my eyes — thanks, 30s — this stuff just glides over them and conceals them too. Total magic." —herhere
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in 12 shades).
25. A curling wand guaranteed to give you blowout-status waves at a fraction of the price...and in your own home. This is what beauty on a budget looks like, and I LOVE IT.
Promising review: "This just might be my favorite of the six curling wands I own. What I love about this one is that it makes natural-like curls. Natural curly hair isn't perfect and uniform and this gives that spiral natural yet beachy curly girl look. It heats up fast and is easy to wind your hair around. I hold my medium textured long hair on the wand for a total count of seven seconds and release. Hold the blue handle in the up position and just wrap your one to two inch section of hair around it." —Karli E.
Get it from Amazon for $20.99.
26. A surface pimple patch for when you feel a zit (or ZITS) comin' on. Just apply over the bump and the patch will draw out sebum and reduce irritation like some type of skin sorcery. I mean, just look at these results. LOOK AT THEM!
And these strips are larger than the dots, so you can cover much more surface area with one patch.
Promising review: "I have been breaking out horribly because of the N95s that I use in an everyday basis at the hospital. These patches have been keeping those pimple breakouts/reactions down and cover so much more than the dots." —Stephanie Gomez
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $17.99.
27. An ultra creamy, fragrance-free moisturizer here to soothe and tackle redness, and irritated, dry, cracked skin. Yes, this is basically the holy grail of moisturizers.
Psst, many reviewers said this helped relieve their eczema symptoms!
Promising review: "I have struggled with very persistent eczema for years and this product has been a godsend. Prior to finding this brand, I had been devoted to the Cerave lotion lines but they were not really helping to heal my skin. Come to find out, I am highly allergic to several of the ingredients commonly found in Cerave and many other lotions and cheap skincare products. Vanicream is so great because it has less ingredients, and more sensitive ingredients than any other lotion brand I have come across. I have never had any irritation from this lotion and it has gone miles towards healing my rashes and open wounds. I have used this religiously for about two years now and I am never going back." —Lauren B.
Get it from Amazon for $12.19.
28. A long-lasting eyeshadow primer that'll not only make sure your perfectly blended smokey eye stays in its place from sunrise to sunset, but bring out the pigments to deliver bold color.
Promising review: "So good and so affordable! I compared swatches on my arm with the primer and without and it made a huge difference! The bottom two swatches are with primer, the top two are without. The eyeshadow was so much richer when used with the primer and I needed less eyeshadow to get a good color. More than worth the money. I'm officially converted to the primer life lol." —Anonymous
Get it from Amazon for $5.95 (available in five shades).
29. A vitamin C serum made with salicylic and hyaluronic acid to not only help with sun damage, but prevent pesky breakouts and restore hydration.
Promising review: "This product is just perfect for my skin type! I’m using it every night and it’s helping me a lot with my post inflammatory hyperpigmentation problems caused by my last acne outbreak. I have been using this product for 1.5 months and the results are visible. My skin looks more hydrated and the dark spots have cleared. (I’m also using benzoyl peroxide based acne treatment to control my acne while I’m using this product)." —Desiree
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
30. A double-sided eyeliner stamp that — are you ready for this — creates the perfect wing in mere minutes. Oof, these are not even close to being even, is a sentence you will never hear yourself say again.
One side is the actual stamp, while the other end is a fine-point pen perfect for touchups.
Promising review: "I am a lazy girl but I like to look nice, and figured I should be trying to make it look like I’m putting more effort into my appearance without actually putting in more effort. I have NEVER been able to do a wing. I barely can do normal eyeliner. I did this in less than two minutes on my first try it is so easy and it looked fantastic. And it’s not just the stamp, the eyeliner pen is great too (no longer going to use the old kind). Honestly it looked fantastic. And it STAYS on — I actually had to really wash to get it off. I was very impressed." —Annie
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in three sizes and two colors).
31. Teeny lil' spatulas to get that veeeeeeery last drop of foundation out so when you run out last minute, you're still ~covered~.
32. A pack of shadow shields because who has the time or energy to deal with eyeshadow fallout? Answer: Nobody. These can *also* act as a stencil for creating sharp wings, and we stan a multipurpose product, yes we do.
Promising review: "I LOVE these! I've shared them with my friends and everyone has come to me with positive feedback. They are perfect for either protecting your cheeks/face from eyeshadow fallout and offer a great 'stencil' if you are looking to create a sharp cat eye with eyeliner or eye shadow. I was also surprised at how many pieces you get for the price. All in all, I am very happy with this purchase." —HMS Hoglund
Get a 30-pack from Amazon for $7.05.
33. A popular detangling brush to rid your mane of nasty tangles without causing tons of breakage. Just imagine a world where you don't have to force a brush down your hair while you listen to the harsh knots ripping apart. *cringes*
It works on all hair types and can be used whether it's wet or already dry.
Promising review: "I never write reviews, but after using this brush I had to. I’m convinced this thing is witchcraft. I have very curly hair that I comb with a wide toothed comb in the shower using loads of conditioner. Takes forever. I was very skeptical of this little brush, but holy cow. When they say it detangles, it DOES! When they say it doesn’t pull, IT DOESN’T. I was shocked. In just a few strokes my hair was done. It was amazing. Everyone should own one of these things." —Tim
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in 11 colors).