15 Tips To Make Working From Home A Little Better
From keeping a cardigan close by to taking a TikTok dance break, these tips may help you get through the workday.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Here are some of their helpful tips and tricks:
1. Don't stay in bed.
2. Give yourself your own ~space~ while you work — especially if you're working from home with a spouse or roommates.
3. Get dressed and ready for the day, like you would if you were actually leaving the house.
4. Give your loved ones a call throughout the day.
5. Try the Pomodoro technique, which is a time management method where you use a timer to break down work into intervals. Typically you work in 25 minute intervals, separated by shorter breaks (about five minutes).
6. Take an actual lunch break — which means sign off and get some food.
7. Get some fresh air (while still practicing social distancing, of course).
8. Keep a cardigan handy.
9. Keep your routine as normal as possible, whether that means starting your day with coffee or taking your break at a certain time.
10. When the workday is over, log off!
11. Get comfy in your work space by lighting a candle, having your favorite snack nearby, opening up the window, etc.
12. If you like the TV on, turn on something that won't cause too much distraction — like something you've already seen a bunch of times or something without an intense plot to follow.
13. Sync your break with your roommate(s) and do something together to take your mind off work... like learning a TikTok dance!
14. Take a few minutes to stretch throughout the day.
15. And work without plugging your computer in, so that when it dies you know it's time to take a break.
Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.