We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of Bio-Oil to help make scars and marks vanish so you can be your most confident self while rocking less clothes this summer (although there's nothing wrong with flaunting those scars and marks either). It's formulated with vitamins A and E, chamomile, sunflower, and lavender oils for an anti-inflammatory combination that works for all skin types.
Promising review: "This product has changed my skin forever. I’ve been using it for a year and a half and my skin is better than ever. I mix mine with tea tree oil to treat my acne. It’s light, it smells great, and it treats existing skin damage. If you have sun damage, small wrinkles, discoloration, or acne scars you should give this six months and see if it works for you." —Tricia Beck-Peter
Get it from Amazon for $8.92.
2. A set of Schick Silk dermaplaning razors for gently removing peach fuzz and dirt from your face and making it feel smooth as a baby's bottom. It'll help give your face a natural glow, which is great for anyone who likes to wear less face makeup in the summer.
The blades are designed with built-in guards so they won't cut your skin, and you'll receive an extra attachment to help with eyebrow shaping.
Promising review: "Super easy and satisfying to use — you’re literally scraping all of the peach fuzz and dead skin off your face. The the first two photos are the before and after I used this product, and the last photo shows all of the stuff that this product took off my face. My face is glowing and incredibly soft now. Highly recommend." —Jane
Get a set of three from Amazon for $4.99.
3. A tube of Black Girl Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to use daily that'll protect skin from the sun and provide moisture, without the annoying white residue that is usually left behind.
Black Girl Sunscreen is a Black woman-owned business that was founded in Miami in 2016. The brand's products are cruelty-free and formulated without parabens or other harmful chemicals.
Promising review: "I know as women of color we worry about that ashy/white cast type of look when we put on sunscreen or looking oily, but this sunscreen doesn’t cause either one of those things to happen. It blends into the skin very well immediately, it doesn’t have that sterling sunscreen smell and a little goes a very long way. I highly recommend!" —Kayla
4. Or Glossier's Invisible Shield sunscreen with SPF 35, because it uses a lightweight water-gel formula that goes on clear and feels more like a serum. It instantly absorbs into skin, making it perfect to wear under makeup.
Promising review: "I had never used sunscreen as part of my daily routine before. I always knew I needed to, but I could never find one that I didn't find to be too greasy underneath my makeup. This sunscreen is amazing. It is super light and smells amazing, but it actually works! I used this for a week-long beach vacation and my skin was very happy. Would highly recommend." —Anna
Get it from Glossier for $25.
5. OR — the popular Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen, because it's weightless, clear, and makeup-friendly. The SPF 40 formula is oil-free, antioxidant-rich, and helps protect all skin types from blue light, UVA, UVB, and IRA rays.
Here's what my colleague had to say about the product:
"I've been using *this sunscreen at least once daily since my mom gifted it to me last Christmas, and have every intention to keep using it for years. A dime-size amount covers my entire face, because it's translucent it leaves absolutely no white cast, and 10 minutes after putting it on, my face just feels like I applied a little bit of a nice moisturizer or makeup primer, not anything that's grease-central, like sunscreen usually is. After several years of stubbornly trying (and failing) to find a decent, oily-skin-friendly, nongreasy drugstore option, I've caved to this pricier kind because literally none of the six or seven other options I tried even compared to this.
Every time I've worn makeup since I got it, I've been impressed by the way my matte foundation glides over it, looks with it, and lasts with it. You can see the texture and color in the photo above; it really does go on completely clear. And it's water- and sweat-resistant for 40 minutes! It's also oxybenzone-free, which is a common sun-protection ingredient that may not be reef-safe. (Here's more info on sunscreen ingredients.)" —Natalie Brown
6. OR! My personal go-to, the Fenty Skin 2-in-1 face moisturizer and sunscreen that's lightweight, oil-free, and invisible on all skin tones. In addition to hydrating your skin and protecting it from harmful rays, it'll also help reduce the look of pores, fine lines, dark spots, and improve firmness and elasticity.
I wear this Every. Single. Day. And when I eventually ran out (after months of use btw), I ordered a refill. My skin feels so lively and smooth after using it. It's not tacky or greasy at all and I haven't gotten a sunburn once since using it (my cheeks usually love to get a little pink). It smells good, but not too strong and it absorbs right way, so I never have a problem putting on makeup after using it. It's one of my all-time favorite skincare products and I use it all yearlong, but I especially recommend giving it a try for the summer. No white cast, no flashback, and my skin just honestly looks and feels amazing.
Promising review: "Protection and moisture. This is a mic drop product. This magical concoction gives the moisture, and SPF without leaving a greasy paste-like feel. No white flask back because this is the truth. Two pumps and a swirl baby!" —Nachelle
7. A tube of Glossier's Balm Dotcom to soften and repair chapped lips with a combination of castor oil, beeswax, and lanolin, while leaving the perfect hint of color and/or shine (depending on which flavor you go with). Basically you should have one (or a few) of these in your bag all summer long.
Promising review: "I use this on my lips once in the morning and once at night and that's it! My lips are baby soft the entire rest of the day and I haven't had any issues with chapped lips since I started using it! You only need a small amount too which is so nice. I love the mint one and will definitely buy again and try other flavors." —Gretchen
Get it from Glossier for $12 (available in eight flavors).
Read more about why we love this lip balm (#1 on the list).
8. A foot file so you can scrape off the dead skin and calluses and make your feet soft and smooth again. Now they'll be extra ready for sandal season.
Promising review: "AMAZING!!! Seriously beyond impressed with this product. I've never had dry or cracked heels until recently and I've tried everything I could find to get rid of them! This is all you need!!! I literally opened the box and did this in less than a minute! I'll never use anything else! Even better than professional pedicures!!!" —Kyla Jackson
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
9. Or an exfoliating peeling foot mask that'll remove all the dead skin from your feet and make them feel softer than ever. Plus, it uses all-natural ingredients and botanical extracts.
All you need to do is cut the booties to make a hole for your feet to slip into, seal it back, and leave it on for about an hour. The product’s gel will moisturize and exfoliate your skin.
Promising review: "My poor feet have been extremely neglected ever since I was pregnant two years ago. This was the first time I really ever had very rough, hard heels and 'old' looking feet; so bad, I didn't even want to have a pedicure or wear sandals. Anyway, these foot peels were super easy to use and boy are they effective. It was the fourth day that my feet began to peel — very strange! Totally painless. The new skin coming through was very soft, like new. I would totally recommend. My sister and mother have requested their boxes." —Ally CHR
Get two pairs from Amazon for $27.95.
10. A jar of O'Keeffe's hand cream sure to come in ~handy~ to repair any dramatic dryness and cracked skin caused by too much sun, pool days, or being in the air-conditioning.
Promising review: "Every winter, my fingers and knuckles crack and bleed. I've tried everything on the market to heal my hands. I received this hand cream yesterday and when I put it on, I could tell right away that this was better than anything I'd tried. This stuff started working immediately. I filled all the cuts and cracks on my hands with this cream, and today they are almost healed. I believe that this is the best hand cream ever made on earth." —Steve
Get it from Amazon for $6.98 (also available in packs of 2 or 12).
11. A cult-favorite Aztec Secret Indian healing mask made with 100% calcium bentonite clay that'll work magic to deep clean your pores and help fight acne and blemishes. Not only do people love it to treat their face, but customers have also found success using it on their hair, on their feet, and in the bath!
There is a bit of mixing involved — you'll need to add some apple cider vinegar for it to do its best work. This product is cruelty-free and formulated without additives or fragrances.
Promising review: "I first want to share that I typically don’t share reviews but this product has truly helped clear my skin. My adult acne has been out of control for some time now. I’ve tried everything including hormone therapy which didn’t help. I’ve ended up with a scarred face from so much picking at my acne. I’m sooo amazed by this mask. Yes it dries your face but a good moisturizer does the trick. So thankful for this product. I do masks all the time. Most recent was a black sea mask. It cleaned up my blackheads, but my acne remained. This seems to be doing the trick! Try it out! You won’t regret it." —Danielle Torres
Get the 1-pound jar from Amazon for $12.99 (available in two sizes).
And get more details from our Aztec Secret Indian healing mask deep dive.
12. A simple gel face cleanser, because it's gentle, clean, eye-safe, and soap-free. It's infused with rosewater and mint that'll leave your skin feeling refreshed and nourished after spending all day in the humidity.
Promising review: "This is a simple cleanser, but it does everything I need a simple cleanser to do. It cleanses without stripping the skin, it doesn't leave any residue, and it is eye-safe. It is slightly peppermint-y, but it doesn't sting my skin or eyes, which is something I was definitely worried about at the beginning. Because it is so gentle, I typically use this as a second cleanse or my cleanser in the morning. Overall, it is such a great cleanser and I enjoy having it in my routine." —MOREBEVERLYCHERIE
Get it from Versed for $12.99.
13. A calming face mist formulated with jojoba milk, green tea extract, hyaluronic acid, hibiscus, and chamomile flowers for a hydrating pick-me-up that'll help you and your skin chilllll outttt.
Although many people don't see the point in face mists, I actually love them! And this C'est Moi calming mist is one of my new favorites. As someone who is always hot and sweaty in the summer, I find a couple sprays of this incredibly refreshing when I'm feeling hot and uncomfortable. It also provides a nice "wake up" moment when I'm feeling tired or sluggish in the middle of the workday. It has a very light cucumber scent that's not overpowering at all. I spray my face a couple times almost every day and it's very pleasant!
Promising review: "Bought this after loving so many of their products. I will say, I was very surprised at how refreshing the mist really is! Now I find myself spritzing my face anytime I feel the slightest bit off. Leaves my face feeling fantastic and refreshed!!!" —H. Craft
Get it from C'est Moi Beauty for $16.
14. A dry brushing body brush, because you'll feel so fresh and rejuvenated after you've shed all those dead skin cells. This brush uses natural boar's bristles to exfoliate dry and dead skin, encourage the skin's natural production of collagen, and clear pores.
Promising review: "Loved the brush. The bristles have just the right amount of softness. The little plastic nubbins inside are bendy too. I love using this right before shaving my legs. Normally I have to use a sugar scrub, but this with some super moisturizing soap works even better." —Madi King
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
15. A pack of 24-karat gold eye pads to help those under eye bags disappear after a late night of Hot Girl Summer shenanigans. The pure nano-active gold is an anti-oxidant that has anti-inflammatory properties, which help naturally expel harmful toxins and increase blood circulation.
Promising review: "A lovely addition to my extensive skin care regimen. I use them weekly. Love the cooling sensation. Puffiness is minimized, and gives hydration to the eye area. I would say patience is key when it comes to skin care results — commit to a full month (even two months) to see real results." —angelvashir
Get 12 pairs from Amazon for $12.97 (available in two options).
16. A pack of Skin1004's Zombie masks meant to minimize fine lines and the appearance of pores by gently removing dead skin cells and hydrating your skin. It uses natural ingredients, including egg white and aloe vera extract, to get the job done. Your face will feel so great after using it, you might actually decide to ditch the foundation this summer.
After mixing the powder and activator, just apply the mask on your face and you'll start to feel it working instantly!
Promising review: "I have never written a review before but I am compelled to do so now. Let’s start with what my 41-year-old face looked like. I had bumps, tiny bumps all over my skin, especially my forehead. My skin NEVER felt smooth even with the prescriptions I was give to help with these tiny bumps. Rosacea = bad bad bad. So bad that it was actually causing my cheeks to have what appeared to be thickening skin. Wrinkles, some that were quite deep. My pores were friggin huge and getting bigger day by day it seemed like. I know that it says to use this product every three days. I chose to go with every single day for the first box of eight. The results were so amazing I decided on everyday for the second box. Even more amazing results. EVERY SINGLE ISSUE LISTED ABOVE NO LONGER EXISTS!!!! I moisturize deeply after rinsing and my face looks absolutely amazing. My face did not even look like this at 30. I am hooked and I will be buying no less than three packs every single payday so I can stock up on this stuff in case they ever decide to quit selling it. If I had 10 stars available to rate I would use them and more!" —Amazon Customer
Get a box of eight masks from Amazon for $27.50.
17. A beloved vitamin C serum with more than 50,000 5-star reviews — it's made with a plant-based formula and antioxidants, including botanical hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, witch hazel, and jojoba oil to help brighten and firm skin and leave you feeling like you just got a professional facial.
Promising review: "This product saved my skin. I seldom write reviews but just had to review this product. I’ve been struggling with acne for YEARS. I have very acne-prone skin. I get a new pimple almost every day and it seemed like there was never a time I didn’t have a pimple on my face. Acne leaves super dark blemishes/scars on my face. I’ve tried all different types of moisturizers and cleansers. Nothing worked. However I bought this serum on a whim. Omgggg. Guys. Literally my face stopped flaring within three days. I was PIMPLE-FREE FOR MORE THAN 48 hours (a new record). Blemishes have faded DRASTICALLY and I have no active breakouts. This hasn’t happened in years. I truly and honestly think it is due to this product. If you are hesitant, don’t be BUY IT!" —Brandon
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in two sizes).
Read our full TruSkin Vitamin C Serum review.
18. A gentle brown sugar scrub exfoliant made with all-natural ingredients that will help scrub away those dead skin cells without causing irritation. The fine brown sugar used in this formula is a lot softer than traditional sugar scrubs. So yes, even those with sensitive skin can enjoy a nice exfoliating session before throwing on a bikini.
Brooklyn Botany is a small Brooklyn-based business that was founded by Joseph Zigelboum in 2016.
Promising review: "This stuff is absolutely amazing. We use it in the shower as a face & lip scrub. It smells absolutely heavenly, like warm cookies. The scrub is not too harsh on your skin and the oil is light as well. It makes the dead skin slough off in the most pleasant way possible. My boys have been using it so much that I am tempted to hide it from them! I want it all for myself. I would recommend this a million times over." —Thorne
Get it from Amazon for $14.95 (available in two sizes).
19. Or a trendy Frank Body coffee scrub meant to gently exfoliate skin, help stimulate blood flow, and promote collagen production. The scrub is also all natural, vegan, and cruelty-free.
Promising review: "This is my second time purchasing this Frank Body scrub and I love it! It lasts forever and makes my skin soft but not oily. I also like that there aren't any harsh ingredients. It smells nice but not overpowering. Next time I am going to order the cocoa-scented one." —Maria
20. A skin spatula that uses high-frequency vibration to remove dirt and grease from your pores — which has likely gotten worse thanks to all these 90-degree days. It also comes with two silicone covers to assist with cleaning and tightening your skin.
Promising review: "I never write reviews but I could not pass this one up. I have been fighting with my skin for years! After my last pregnancy, I started developing cystic acne, my skin was congested with oil, whiteheads, blackheads, you name it. All those years of desperately doing my own extractions, trying every mask, cleanser, device, my skin was left scarred and discolored. I hated the texture of my skin. I impulsively bought this and tried it the day it was delivered. I was amazed at how well it extracted all the gunk I could and couldn't see lurking under my skin. I use it every night to cleanse, then apply my serum and moisturizer. I am finally happy with the way my skin looks and posted a selfie without a filter for the first time since I can remember. Just try it!" —Marlena H.
Get it from Amazon for $20.99.
21. A jar of The Body Shop's tea tree night mask — it uses salicylic acid and tea tree oil to help clear up your complexion overnight... talk about ~beauty sleep~! The mask is 100% vegan and developed especially for those with oily skin, and speaking from personal experience, summer is not the best time for oily skin.
Promising review: "This is a great product before bed. I use after I wash and tone but before I moisturize. Never causes a reaction to my skin, the tea tree scent is not too overwhelming like it sometimes can be, and this leaves my skin feeling soft and helps reduce redness and acne." —Cristina
Get it from Amazon for $22.