40 Products I Don't Understand How You've Lived Your Whole Life Without
A water bottle organizer, reusable personal care alternatives, a bugbite remedy that actually works, and more things you didn't realize your life was missing.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A sheet of oh-so-clever window film that puts the fun in "functional." Not only will it give you the privacy you've been desperate for (hello, walking around in your undies in the middle of the day), but it'll also project a cool prism effect when the sun hits it just right.
Promising review: "Life-changing. I LOVE THIS STUFF. We live on a cul-de-sac in a rental house with no overhead lighting. Our master bedroom window faces our front lawn. In the past, we have basically always had the blinds drawn, because we are so physically close to our neighbors and we don't want anyone seeing in. Since we have no overhead lighting, this meant that our bedroom was always dark/poorly lit. We installed this, and now we enjoy being in our room. It's brighter, it's gorgeous, it's fun, and it was so inexpensive. No one wants to put a bunch of money into a rental! If you're on the fence, get it." —Andrea
Get it from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in seven sizes).
2. Wad-Free, an ingenious device to solve all your sheet-washing woes. It'll help your sheets dry faster and with fewer wrinkles, and prevent them from trapping all the clothes you throw in there with them in a tangled up ball. Where have these been your whole laundry-doing life?!?
They're reusable, BPA-free, and from a small business that launched during the pandemic.
Promising review: "Wow!!! You wonder if things like this really work — well, I can absolutely confirm this does! I was impressed that the package came with two of the devices so there was one for the fitted sheet and the flat sheet. I tried it out and my sheets not only did NOT wad up, but they came out of the dryer feeling fresher, feeling more dry, and unwrinkled! I will be buying a set of these for each of my immediate family members and close friends! What a great gift!!!" —katy
Get a set of two from Amazon for $18.99.
3. A roll-up dish rack that's so much more than a dish rack. It'll save you a ridiculous amount of counter space, both during cooking and cleanup, since you can use it to dry dishes, thaw meat, and strain veggies, or even as just another place to put cutting boards and dishes during meal prep. And when you're done, you can just roll it up and put it under the sink!
Promising review: "I've used this for about six or seven months so far and can't imagine living without it! I use it Every. Single. Day. It's great as a strainer as I'm prepping veggies; it holds a ton. It's perfect as an extra shelf/counter space when I'm making several things at once. It's awesome to set hot pans on, fill with water, and let them soak for a while. And it's especially helpful to defrost on! Things defrost so much faster on this — I think it's because there is terrific air flow all around the item, but who knows? Most importantly, the food is up where I can see it while it's defrosting, instead of sitting down in the sink. Before this rack, every now and then I'd forget something was thawing down in the sink, give the room a quick eye-sweep before going to bed, and wake up in the a.m. to meat that sat out all night. Never happens with this; haven't had to toss a single thing. It is probably the most versatile, handy, useful thing I own." —Susan
Get it from Amazon for $23.98+ (available in two sizes).
4. A Bite Away tool, aka the mosquito bite relief you've been searching for every summer, but failed to find in the form of creams or anything else.
Promising review: "I can’t say enough good about this product. I am severely allergic to mosquito bites (skeeter syndrome) and this is the first product ever that has provided long-lasting relief. Yes, like others described, you do feel a burning sensation. At least in my case, it has not caused any lasting marks. Any discomfort that I feel from the heat is far outweighed by the benefits of not having any itching. When you first apply it, the itching actually increases, but by the time you are done with the treatment, the itching is completely gone. I was so shocked at how effective it is from the first time I used it. I don’t know how I lived without this for so long!" —Gigli
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
5. A Revlon oil-absorbing facial roller to get your lovely face looking marvelously matte in no time. Why have you been burning through all those blotting papers when this wonderful reusable option exists???
Promising review: "Over the years, my skin has become extremely oily. This roller is easy to use, portable, REALLY does what it says!! Don't know how I've lived without this. I will never purchase blotting/oil-absorbing sheets again." —jazmine
6. A compact and convenient teeth-whitening pen that'll be life-changing for anyone who's tired of more cumbersome methods, or who is prone to sensitivity from strips. Reviewers say these don't leave them with painful chompers afterwards — just a Chip Skylark–worthy smile.
Each pen can be used 20+ times, and the reviewer above says they got those results with just two uses!
Promising review: "Where have you been all my life? These are PHENOMENAL. Lately whitening strips haven’t been working well for me, and I can’t get my teeth as white as I want or keep them white, but these pens worked better than 14 days of white strip treatments after ONE use. Yes, ONE. Like, no BS, these work." —The D&D Coalition
7. An OMG-worthy enamel pin of the award you've basically been waiting your whole life to receive. You've earned it.
8. Anti-mold, moisture-absorbing fridge drawer liners for anyone who has wasted so many fruits and veggies over the years because they couldn't eat them before they spoiled. Your produce will live a longer (and presumably happier?) life with these, so you'll save money and grocery shopping time.
They're BPA- and phthalate-free!
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised by this. It really extends the life of my produce by about a week! Everything from strawberries to grapes, blueberries, and veggies. I keep a lot of produce in my fridge for smoothies or cooking and this allows me more time to go through my fresh produce. I don’t waste as much food because I actually have time to eat everything before it goes bad. The amount of money this has saved me is way more than these cost. I will use these again and again!" —Merangel
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $11.25.
9. As-seen-on-TikTok storage scrunchies, because we've established that the pockets in most clothes are simply insufficient. Pop this baby on your wrist or in your hair for a hands-free and discreet way to keep all your essentials close. Plus, your cash and lip balm will appreciate their George Costanza–approved new life of being draped in velvet.
10. A set of stainless-steel straws that actually bend (!!!), because you're all for making the environmentally and turtle-friendly move to reusable straws, but you sure have missed that sweet, sweet bend.
11. Wet & Forget shower spray, which'll revolutionize the way you clean your bathroom. True to its name, all you have to do is spray your shower or tub, let it sit overnight, and rinse it the next morning to reveal a cleaning miracle. It works so well, you only need to use it once a week!
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing! I had a horrible gray ring in the bottom of my shower that was impossible to remove. I had tried the Dawn dish soap method (with a lot of scrubbing) and had even used toilet bowl cleaner to try to remove the soap scum. My next step was to tear out and replace the shower pan and tile. I figured this was my last chance. I ordered the Wet & Forget spray and really coated the shower walls and floor pan and walked away. I CANNOT begin to tell you how happy I was to rinse down the walls sometime later and watch all that crud roll right down the drain!! This is the best product I have ever used in my life!! Works great and no toxic fumes!!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $17.23.
12. A sleek and convenient water bottle organizer perfect for anyone who has already mastered the whole ditching-plastic-bottles-for-reusable-ones thing but struggles to store said bottles in their small kitchen. This'll help you grab the one you want for the day with ease and keep them from taking up your whole cupboard.
Promising review: "Reusable water bottles are great, but they are such pain to store since they come in all shapes and sizes. They’re tall, they can’t nest inside each other, and if you lay 'em on their sides, they just roll everywhere. This storage rack efficiently eliminates that problem! The three-tier version was an awesome fit for my pantry. Will be getting a second one soon; I have collected so many free water bottles over the years! Might even consider using it elsewhere, like for my rolls of vinyl. Easy to set up — I did it without the instructions in just minutes. Highly recommend, worth the value." —Momo Kariño
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in four sizes).
13. An amazing (and amazingly affordable) carpet and upholstery cleaner that's got a brush right on the bottle, so it's a cleaning product and tool all in one. Time to get rid of those tricky pet stains you were hoping everyone would be too busy petting Fluffy to notice.
Promising review: "Don't usually leave reviews but this is too good not to. Now that my puppy has outgrown accidents and marking, I rented a Bissell Pro carpet-cleaning machine from a pet shop to give the carpets a once-over. The machine worked great, but can't get into tight corners like around doorframes, edges near trim, etc. Of course these are also usually the biggest problem areas! So now I had clean carpets with even more obvious pee-pee corners. Thought I'd give this a try, and wow! Wish I would've tried this from the start instead of the spray I'd been using. Some of these were deep set-in stains from one or more years ago — I barely had to use the brush (under 30 seconds), and as soon as I started blotting with a damp cloth everything came out. I mostly just had to keep rinsing out the cloth and go back for more. Ten minutes total and everything looks new again; can't believe how easy it was!" —Arzu Yonak
Get it from Amazon for $4.97.
14. A practically perfect pullover sweatshirt, the one you've been searching for your whole loungewear-wearing life. Forget the concept of "boyfriend sweatshirt" — you'll be ready to make a more serious commitment and full-on marry this baby.
Promising review: "Perfect! This is so comfy I don’t ever want to take it off! It is very oversized, but after I washed it, it’s actually so perfect and I’m glad I got the large. The color and quality are amazing. It feels like it’s already been broken in. If I had a boyfriend to steal sweatshirts from, I feel like this would be it. 😂" —beautypot ✨
Get it from Amazon for $14.49+ (available in unisex sizes S–3XL and in eight colors).
15. An under-desk cycling machine that's been a game-changer for me personally. This wonder lets you turn your endlessly sedentary desk job (or even your Netflix binge) into an opportunity to get your blood pumping. It's got eight resistance settings so you can start easy, and people also recommend it for physical therapy and senior citizens.
It's got a helpful little display screen you can keep mounted on the machine or bring up to sit on your desk that'll tell you your time, calories burned, speed, and distance. I have one and am using it right now as I type this! I had purchased a super-cheap version a long time ago, but finally splurged on this one for my apartment as I work from home. This one is leaps and bounds better than the cheaper model. It's so much smoother and sturdier, and it looks better, too! The rotation is so smooth, it feels like I'm actually on a stationary bike at the gym. I definitely struggle with spending too much time sitting, since my job has me at a laptop for eight hours a day and I usually only feel up to working out in the mornings (and on weekdays, I'd rather sleep!). This is an absolute game-changer and allows me to do what I do best — multitask! There is some assembly required, but I, the least handy person in the world, was able to do it myself without too much trouble.
Promising review: "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! This product has changed my life! Seriously. I have recommended it to everyone in my office, which is huge. I have had this product since 2015 and use it every day. Many of my office colleagues have gone on to buy this. As a full-time working mom, I have little to no time to exercise at home, so having this DeskCycle in the office, under my desk, is the BEST purchase I have EVER made. I think the company should give me commission for how many people have bought this after my recommendations!! My office now looks like SoulCycle! It has changed my life from sedentary, where I sit all day for my work, to athletic — cycling at least an hour a day, five days a week! Please do yourself a favor and purchase this for your own health! Oh — and you're welcome. :)" —Lauren S
Get it from Amazon for $189.
16. The Ilia Multi-Stick, because your vanity is full of beauty products that are one-trick ponies. This creamy, cruelty- and gluten-free stick is perfect for a natural look on both your lips and cheeks, so it'll seriously simplify your everyday routine.
Promising review: "Obsessed with this Multi-Stick. It is light, dewy, and buildable. This stick ranks as one of the best cosmetic products I've ever purchased. My experience with this type of product is they usually go on way too strongly, and appear harsh, which is NOT the case here. For the cheeks, it is so incredibly natural looking and you have control over how pigmented you want it to look. The sheer and fresh finish is amazing. It also works great as a lip booster. It adds a subtle pop of lip color, and feels great, too." —Helena M.
Get it from Ilia for $34 (available in seven colors).
17. A tiny dinosaur beginner crochet kit that's so cute, I'm not sure it's even allowed. You need a new hobby (and that FACE) in your life ASAP.
This Asian-owned small business specializes in squee-worthy amigurumi (the Japanese art of making small stuffed animals from yarn) kits and provides tutorials for every step of the process on their site, so even total novices won't feel lost. The kit comes with yarn, stuffing, plastic eyes, an already-started piece of crochet material, a stitch marker, a needle, a PDF pattern download, a carrying bag, and an optional crochet hook if you don't already have one. You can even access extra support over email any time!
Promising review: "Fred was the first thing I ever crocheted. I decided to give Woobles a try after my daughter made several Woobles animals. It was very easy to get started and the videos were very easy to follow. I’m so happy with Fred and plan on making him a tiny birthday hat and gifting him to my 3-year-old for his birthday." —Tiffany Z.
18. A two-pack of reusable silicone baking mats available with or without printed-on guidelines for making perfectly sized macarons that you'll wonder how you ever baked without. Pricey, single-use parchment paper? I don't know her.
Promising review: "How did I ever manage without these??? These baking mats are absolutely fantastic. The quality is superb, and SUCH a good price. I use them for just about everything I put in the oven. From oven pizzas to cookies, you name it! I also love that in addition to food sliding easily off the nonstick surface, they help protect all my baking sheets and such. It’s also super handy to just throw them in the top shelf of the dishwasher or even just wipe clean. I highly recommend these! Update: I’ve had these mats and we've used them almost daily for almost a year now. They still look brand new and I have had no problems with staining, melting, or the mats becoming worn. When using them, I cook most items at 375 degrees but have used them at up to 425 degrees several times with no issues so far. These things are fantastic and have paid for themselves many times over in the superior nonstick surface, ease of cleanup, and the cost of parchment paper and or/aluminum foil I used prior to discovering these." —Jezzhani
Get them from Amazon for $12.44 (available in two styles).
19. A smart and must-have custom window decal to let emergency responders know to help your furry friends, too, and even help them identify and call them by name. It's an emergency paw-paredness upgrade your pets will thank you for.
It's from a Canadian-based small business!
Promising review: "My hubby is a firefighter and he had mentioned these before. I put one set on my front door and one set on my back door. They applied easily and look great! Would highly recommend!" —Diana Geedey
20. A genius slicing tool that'll allow you to hold tricky foods like cherry tomatoes, shrimp, bread, meat, and bagels steady without putting your fingers in harm's way. It'll also seriously reduce your chopping time when you're prepping a salad!
It's BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
Promising review: "Where has this been all my life? I love this gadget! It’s so simple. Trust me...if you cut tomatoes in half, just do it!! It’s so easy to use. You do need to pretty much fill it up; you can’t just put three or four tomatoes in. Also, don’t press too hard, just lightly rest your hand on top and use a VERY sharp knife for best results. If your knife is dull this will not work! And if you cut raw chicken breasts in half, buy two, because you can use one for that as well!! Just make sure you label it 'raw chicken' and only use it for that." —Leah
Get it from Amazon for $12.95 (available in four colors).
21. Amazing AirPod-cleaning putty squares, because you probably don't realize just how much gunk is lurking in those precious, expensive little buds you put in your waxy ears all day. Though when I put it like that, it's probably a lot, right??
Promising review: "AirSquares are AMAZING! I’ve tried for years to clean out my AirPods. Nothing has worked...until now. This is one of those perfect products that does exactly what it claims to do. My AirPods were so dirty that I was going to buy new ones. Not anymore!! My AirPods look like new after using these. I’ve already sent some to my family and everyone is getting some for the holidays! If you have dirty AirPods, you NEED AirSquares. You will NOT regret it." —Jason F
Get 12 squares from Amazon for $11.99.
22. Levi's denim cutoffs, which are a classic for a reason. You've got one month left of summer, so don't spend another minute without the perfect jean shorts.
Some reviewers recommend sizing up, but also note that different washes fit differently.
Promising review: "These are my favorite shorts EVER! The shorts fit ever so slightly loose at the waist, which is perfect for tucking in a tank top or a sweater for chillier weather. I found that the legs of the shorts did not cut into my thighs like other shorts do. I'm obsessed and am wearing these ALL summer long." —Melanie
Get them from Amazon for $28.98+ (available in women's sizes 24–34 and in 16 styles).
23. A honeycomb-textured cat litter mat that'll catch all the loose litter that Puss in Boots loves to track all over your otherwise clean home. It's a ridiculously simple solution to what I'm sure has been lifelong ~pet~-peeve for many a cat owner.
Promising review: "Finally, no more kitty litter on the floor. Well, hardly any. I'd say it keeps 99% of the litter off the floor, which is a huge improvement! And for those who asked about, or mentioned that cats didn't like stepping on the mat, here's proof that my cat loves it. He lays on it, sleeps on it, grooms himself on it, and launches attacks against his brother from it. No problem there. I recommend this litter box mat to anyone who, like me, hates stepping on (usually barefoot) the hard pieces of litter and constantly cleaning it up." —TX Reader - Reviewer
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
24. A USB-rechargeable neck fan you'll wish you'd had every summer of your life. I'm pretty sure that these should just fall out of the sky as free gifts on days when it's 90+ degrees and yet you still have to do something other than laze in the AC. It's only fair.
This baby won't poop out on you when you need it most — it holds enough power to last up to 16 hours on the lowest speed. The healthcare worker in the pic above also said it helped prevent their face shield from fogging up!
Promising review: "Greatest invention ever! I absolutely love this product! I work in a warehouse retail store and I'm constantly moving things, climbing up and down ladders, etc. This has been a lifesaver! It gets so hot with all the physical activity and having to wear a mask or be outside. This has help keep me cool better then I thought it would. All my coworkers want one! The battery life has been great so far. I'm able to go three full days using it before charging. Another great thing is the design. I was worried about my hair getting tangled in it, but it can't!" —Tiffany
Get it from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in three colors).
25. Briogeo Curl Charisma Coil Custard, a vegan, cruelty-free, and six-common-chemical-free formula made with chia and flax seed oils and shea butter to give you hydrated, defined, and fabulous curls. It's pretty much the holy-grail hair product you've been waiting for.
The results above were achieved by using this stuff with the rest of the brand's Curl Charisma collection!
Promising review: "I cannot begin to count the number of gels and curl creams I have tried. None compare to what this does for my kinky-coily hair. I have 4a/b hair and this leaves my hair defined, moisturized, and touchable. I can go days without redoing my wash and go by just spraying with water and adding a dab more Curl Charisma Custard. I think I got the best results from the start because I clarified my hair, deep conditioned with Don’t Despair, Repair, and then used this. Magic. Never going back to anything else. Do not change this formula!" —Kimberly Yvette Robinson
Get it from Amazon for $26.
26. A Colgate Keep toothbrush starter kit that's just as affordable as a regular toothbrush but way less wasteful. It's got an easy-to-grip, reusable aluminum handle and interchangeable heads, so it uses 80% less plastic than the disposable drugstore ones you've been using for years.
The kit comes with a base and two heads.
Promising review: "I was very curious about the unique shape of this toothbrush. I bought it on a whim. I’m glad I did. The bristles are soft but still firm enough to clean well. Feels great to hold. Value is good. You can change the heads when you need/feel. It’s a great toothbrush. 10/10." —Chris
Get it from Amazon for $9.97+ (available in two colors and two styles).
27. An exfoliating, dermaplaning touch-up razor you can use to remove dead skin and peach fuzz, touch up your eyebrows, and just generally leave your face feeling fresher than it ever has before. A whopping 6,000 reviewers love it, so chances are you will too.
Promising review: "Super easy and satisfying to use — you’re literally scraping all of the peach fuzz and dead skin off your face. The first photo shows all of the stuff that this product took off my face, and the second two photos are before and after I used this product. My face is glowing and incredibly soft now. Highly recommend." —Jane
28. A truly high-quality chef's knife that pretty much anyone who cooks (at any skill level) needs in their life. The handle is grooved to help you learn to hold it properly, and reviewers rave about its sharpness.
29. A massive foot file over 9,000 reviewers think is up to the equally massive task of rescuing your crusty tootsies and getting them smoother than they've been since you were a literal baby.
Promising review: "I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it!!! In less than five minutes all of the dry, dead skin came off. It didn’t hurt and I didn’t need expensive paraffin treatments or foot soaks. I can’t believe I’ve struggled with dry heels for so long! Can’t express how amazing it feels to have smooth heels. Easy to use and quick!" —Teacher Mom
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
30. Amazing washing machine–cleaning wipes, because how is the appliance designed to clean your clothes supposed to do that well if it's not clean itself? These will help restore your washer to looking shiny new with very little elbow grease on your part.
Promising review: "These wipes are worth the money spent! I have tried other disinfecting wipes, rags/cleaners, etc. in the past. These wipes made the job much easier and faster! It only took one wipe to wipe my front load down. The biggest impact was cleaning the rubber surround! I could not believe how much easier this made the task...just took minutes! Life-changing product!" —AmazSD
31. A ~handy~ grooming glove over 3,000 pet owners swear by for giving their tiny shed monster a groom they'll actually enjoy — and saving themselves from a house full of hair.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor AnaMaria Glavan swears by this product. She writes, "The glove is super comfortable and using it couldn’t be more foolproof: just put it on and run your hands through your pet’s fur. That’s it! The silicone grooves pick up so much fur with ease. Like, my dog looks close to hairless. HOW is he shedding so much!?!? After a few runs, I found that I would have to remove fur from the glove before continuing (you can pick up the fur with your other hand or run the glove under some water — either works) but it’s no biggie. The silicone actually makes it really easy to keep this clean. We got Rockie when he was 5 and he’d been riddled with skin issues and allergies, so I was pretty nervous to use anything that could potentially aggravate his conditions. However! Not only does this *not* bother his skin, but he…loves this. A lot. He starts snoring after exactly two run-throughs on his back. Also, his coat looks SO shiny after each use! TL;DR: this is one of those inexpensive add-ons that any pet owner should have on hand."
Promising review: "Holy moly! This glove saved my fiancé-ship!! My fiancé’s cat, Roswell, is so darn sheddy, his hair was getting everywhere. On the counters, on the beds, even on my hair! But this handy-dandy cat glove reduced the amount of hair flying around in the air. AND! Roswell loves it! Everyone’s a winner!! Here’s to the cat glove...may you live forever!" —Colby I Wallis
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
32. A luxe chocolate bar in flavors you won't find at the drugstore, like milk chocolate potato chip, dark chocolate cookie dough, or milk chocolate bacon. After one bite, you'll wonder how you spent decades on this earth without tasting such deliciousness.
Get it from Dylan's Candy Bar for $3.25 (available in five flavors).
33. Avarelle acne patches, which are vegan and cruelty-free and made with tea tree and calendula oil to soothe swelling as well as absorb all the gunk from your zits. You'll wonder why you ever bothered with other, far less satisfying spot treatments.
Promising review: "These have been life-changing for me. As opposed to other brands, this has been the only one that works in protecting and getting rid of pimples, and is absolutely the only one that is thin and transparent enough to wear in public or under makeup. Cosrx also makes a hydrocolloid patch similar to this, which is only meant to absorb anything inside your breakout (aka they only are meant to really work on whiteheads), however when I’ve used their version, it sticks out like a sore thumb and makes no difference in the size or appearance of my breakout after the recommended wear time. Since the Avarelle patches also contain soothing ingredients, they work to calm inflammation in breakouts that are under my skin as well; I no longer use ANY spot treatments, and aside from masks this is the only product I use to treat my occasional breakouts. After sleeping with the Avarelle patches, my breakouts are usually either totally flat, or gone. As you can see in the photo, the Avarelle patches are paper thin and colorless, but somehow still absorb a million times more than the Cosrx." —Kris
34. Pilot G2 Bold retractable pens for a scrumptiously smooth flow of ink that some office supply nerds (yes, I am referring to myself) might consider borderline arousing. These are pens people get EXCITED about and that your work life is, I'm sorry, incomplete without.
My mom and I both do a lot of list making and planning the old-fashioned, ink-and-paper way, and we are both huge fans of these pens. I personally prefer this bold style to the fine version, but they're all great pens. I feel like my (not great) handwriting just looks better when I use these, and they're just so satisfying to write with. Ugh, I love them more than is reasonable to love a pen.
Promising review: "These really are just flat out the best pens you can buy. They never skip, ink always flows out equally and precisely, and they don’t bleed through pages too much. I’ve tried $500 pens and they are never quite as nice as these G2 pens. If you want reliable pens that are never going to give you that frustrating issue of ink not always flowing, then these pens are your answer. Great product, always have been, and they’ve become the only pens I personally use now. 👍👍👍👍" —Ryan Wiese
Get a pack of 10 (five black and five blue) from Amazon for $15.97.