1. This is Jonathan Cheban. You may recognize him as Kim Kardashian’s best friend, who often appears on her show.
Cheban worked in publicity and even had a reality show about his PR firm called The Spin Crowd, which aired on E! for eight episodes. He no longer works in PR, and now has a lifestyle website called TheDishh.com, which is…a website.
People tweet at Jonathan, and sometimes not very nice stuff! It’s often rude! But unlike most celebrities who learn to ignore that kind of stuff, Jonathan often tweets back really, really nasty stuff.
And sometimes, they’re not even tweeting at him — he searches Twitter for his own name and replies to anyone who talked about him, and he often deletes the messages afterward. It’s in stark contrast to the rest of his social media, which is usually pretty bland in tone.
Here are some of the times Jonathan Cheban acted like a total dick on social media:
2. Calling someone who tweeted something bad at him “ugly.”
3. OK now, this guy didn’t even @ him — just mentioned his real name.
4. Here he calls someone a “peasant.”
5. He namesearches and offers to block people who don’t like him on Snapchat.
6. He called someone who had a fairly reasonable misconception about the details of Cheban’s professional life “trash face” and “pathetic zero.”
7. This deleted tweet reminded some plebe that he wasn’t at a fancy event like Jonathan was.
8. OK, look, wishing he gets Ebola was just rude (although they didn’t tag him in the tweet), but Jonathan’s reply was maybe a little over the top?
9. Namesearching and calling someone “peasant” and “trash” and reminding them he’s actually rich.
10. An offer to someone for a job cleaning the floors at TheDishh.com.
11. Another offer of janitorial employment.
12. Here he calls someone “the spit I walk on,” which is kind of a beautiful metaphor when you think about it.
14. So this woman was being very rude. But Jonathan, did you NEED to reply?
15. Telling someone to apply for the job of Ronald McDonald (which is kind of a good insult).
16. Making fun of someone for being from Ohio.
20. At least he cares about lawn care.
21. You can see the years of PR finesse here.
24. Since I thought the insult “literally a worker” was particularly great, I tweeted about it (not @-ing him) and he replied to call me a loser. He later deleted these tweets.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀