We asked The Beaverton for some of their best fake news stories that they gave to Canada in 2016. Here are some of their favourites from the last year:
1. When a Canadian city was proud to be Number 2.
2. When Air Canada made the next logical step in consumer fees.
3. When the NDP totally didn't overreact at all to Justin Trudeau's "elbowgate."
4. When the Beaverton anchors tried to determine if Canada is too needy for Trudeau.
5. When they reported that the Alberta premier is an evil mastermind bent on mass destruction.
6. When Canada made an offer that they hoped Kevin O'Leary couldn't refuse.
7. When Jian Ghomeshi appreciated all the work prosecutors did during his trial.
8. When Peter Mansbridge revealed how he'd be spending his retirement.
9. When Stephen Harper sadly watched Canada move on without him.
10. When the sports anchors were refreshingly honest about their jobs.
11. When Trudeau knew that patience is key to his public image.
12. When The Beaverton tried to determine why a reporter's blood donation was rejected by Canadian Blood Services.
13. When the United Nations was very worried about the state of affairs in the US.
14. When the Toronto public transit system was so, so helpful to everyone who relies on it.
15. When Margaret Atwood announced her own lifestyle website, similar to Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP.
16. When the Canadian government announced several other offensive laws in line with the Indian Act.
18. When the Saskatchewan premier tried to find any way at all to pass the blame.
19. And when The Beaverton knew exactly how all of Canada will be watching the results of the US election.
The series premiere of The Beaverton airs Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 10:30 p.m. ET on The Comedy Network.