1. Lemons float and limes sink.
2. And a can of Coke will sink, while a can of Diet Coke will float.
3. Oranges aren't always orange; sometimes they're green.
4. Scientists have made diamonds out of peanut butter.
A German TV station asked scientist Dan Frost if he and his team could use extreme pressure to turn carbon-rich peanut butter into a diamond. It worked, although the process also released a lot of hydrogen that then destroyed the experiment (whoops).
5. Carrots were originally yellow or purple.
6. Almonds aren't nuts; they're actually tree seeds.
But only raw, unroasted almonds can turn into trees. Almonds you buy from the store probably can't grow into trees.
7. All the different colors of Froot Loops have the exact same flavor.
8. Fruity Pebbles are just puffed-up grains of rice.
They add the color and flavoring later.