1. Update — July 3, 4:42 p.m. ET: Astronaut Gerst posted this image of the newly formed hurricane.
2. Update — 7:11 p.m. ET: Astronaut Reid Wiseman posted an image of storms over Maryland.
3. Update — 5:04 p.m. ET
Tropical Storm Arthur is almost a hurricane. The hurricane warning has been issued for the North Carolina coast with strong winds and flooding likely for both Carolinas until Friday.
4. Update — 2:06 p.m. ET
The NHC expects Arthur to pass well east of the northern Florida coast.
5. Update — 11:00 a.m. ET
The NHC has issued a tropical-storm warning for the North Carolina coast.
7. This morning the National Hurricane Center (NHC) issued an advisory that Tropical Storm Arthur is roughly 100 miles east of Cape Canaveral, Fla.
As of 8 a.m. ET, the storm had 60-mph winds and was moving north.
8. Astronaut Reid Wiseman, currently aboard the International Space Station, posted this image of the tropical storm.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- At least 31 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- Spencer's is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many are saying normalizes sexual assault.