1. Update — July 3, 4:42 p.m. ET: Astronaut Gerst posted this image of the newly formed hurricane.
2. Update — 7:11 p.m. ET: Astronaut Reid Wiseman posted an image of storms over Maryland.
3. Update — 5:04 p.m. ET
Tropical Storm Arthur is almost a hurricane. The hurricane warning has been issued for the North Carolina coast with strong winds and flooding likely for both Carolinas until Friday.
4. Update — 2:06 p.m. ET
The NHC expects Arthur to pass well east of the northern Florida coast.
5. Update — 11:00 a.m. ET
The NHC has issued a tropical-storm warning for the North Carolina coast.
7. This morning the National Hurricane Center (NHC) issued an advisory that Tropical Storm Arthur is roughly 100 miles east of Cape Canaveral, Fla.
As of 8 a.m. ET, the storm had 60-mph winds and was moving north.
8. Astronaut Reid Wiseman, currently aboard the International Space Station, posted this image of the tropical storm.
- One person died and more than 100 others were injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.