1. How do you top the president? How about Captain Jean Luc Picard.
After her term in the Clinton Administration ended, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright took her diplomatic skills to Romulus during a visit to the set of Star Trek Nemesis.
2. And then 12 years later, Sir Patrick Stewart gave her a Twitter shout out
.@madeleine Dear Madam Secretary welcome to Twitter. We are graced in having you among us.
3. And his co-star, Wil Wheaton, chimed in too.
@SirPatStew I will never forget when you introduced me to @madeleine while we were working on Nemesis. That was wonderful. Welcome!
4. And then this amazing revelation was made.
@wilw @madeleine Right, she was almost a guest at Riker and Troi’s wedding.
5. BFF Forever!
@SirPatStew @wilw Truly, one of the highlights of my life. But I’m the one who looked like an alien. #trekkie
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.