Grumpy Cat Just Got A Hollywood Movie Deal
America's favorite frowning feline is about to be a talking movie star. Here are 10 potential plot lines for what will obviously be an automatic Oscar contender.
Well, it's about time.
Grumpy Cat, the beloved scowling kitten and 2013 Webby Award winner for Meme of the Year, has inked a big-screen movie deal, it was announced on Wednesday night. She'll star in a full-length feature film from Broken Road Productions — the company that brought you Ice Cube's Are We Done Yet?, Kevin James' Zookeeper, and Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill.
Here's the most important thing: Grumpy Cat's manager tells BuzzFeed that the movie will be live-action, and Grumpy Cat herself — not a cartoon or CGI stand-in — will appear on screen. With that established, we can really go to town with speculation over potential plots and co-stars. Here are several possibilities:
1. A Buddy-Cop Comedy Co-Starring Lil Bub
Featuring Grumpy as the grizzled, humorless veteran cop and Bub as the eager rookie, the mismatch of personalities causes a whole lot of headaches but may just be the force's best chance to catch a major jewel thief!
2. A Grinch Who Stole Christmas Remake
3. A Suburban Drama About a Cat Who Was Too Scared to Follow Her Dreams
4. Grumpy Cat's Junky Reckoning
5. A Heady Legal Drama About Copyright Laws and Identity Theft
6. Secretly, Grumpy Cat Scored a Major Part in the New Star Wars Series
7. An Oscar the Grouch Biopic
She captures both his look and spirit, a rare feat already.