Well, it's about time.
Grumpy Cat, the beloved scowling kitten and 2013 Webby Award winner for Meme of the Year, has inked a big-screen movie deal, it was announced on Wednesday night. She'll star in a full-length feature film from Broken Road Productions — the company that brought you Ice Cube's Are We Done Yet?, Kevin James' Zookeeper, and Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill.
Here's the most important thing: Grumpy Cat's manager tells BuzzFeed that the movie will be live-action, and Grumpy Cat herself — not a cartoon or CGI stand-in — will appear on screen. With that established, we can really go to town with speculation over potential plots and co-stars. Here are several possibilities:
1. A Buddy-Cop Comedy Co-Starring Lil Bub
Featuring Grumpy as the grizzled, humorless veteran cop and Bub as the eager rookie, the mismatch of personalities causes a whole lot of headaches but may just be the force's best chance to catch a major jewel thief!
2. A Grinch Who Stole Christmas Remake
3. A Suburban Drama About a Cat Who Was Too Scared to Follow Her Dreams
4. Grumpy Cat's Junky Reckoning
5. A Heady Legal Drama About Copyright Laws and Identity Theft
6. Secretly, Grumpy Cat Scored a Major Part in the New Star Wars Series
7. An Oscar the Grouch Biopic
She captures both his look and spirit, a rare feat already.