1. Colbert does sometimes agree with his character.
2. Why is there one woman and one person of color on the Colbert Report staff right now?
3. The story behind Colbert's Daft Punk joke.
4. Colbert's evisceration of Wheat Thins won the brand an award at Cannes.
5. It took years to get Maurice Sendak on the show.
6. There is a trapdoor under Stephen's desk.
7. They allow dogs at the office.
8. Jokes are marked in the scripts with dollar $ign$.
9. The writers all work in pairs.
10. One of Colbert's prime rules is, "Don't punch down."
11. Henry Kissinger will dance, but don't ask him to talk about pancakes.
When Colbert hosted the "Guitarmageddon" in 2006, he had Kissinger announce the contest in his natural droll. The writers thought that there had to be some reason for Kissinger to be there, so at the end they had him say, "Where's my pancakes?"
After he recited the line, he nixed it from being broadcast.