We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us what makes Chicago such an incredible city. Here's what they had to say:
1. If you’re a first-time visitor or even a lifelong resident, the skyline never ceases to impress.
2. The city's cultural offerings are second to none, and its arts scene is easily the most beautiful, innovative, and accessible in the country.
3. A host of world-class museums call Chicago home, so no matter if you're looking to hang out with Sue the T. Rex at the Field Museum...
4. ...or you're looking to peruse the works of the Old Masters at the Art Institute, there's definitely something for you.
—submitted by Cayley
5. Navy Pier never fails to make you feel like a kid again.
6. Even when they’re going through a rough patch, you can’t resist cheering on the Blackhawks.
7. Chicago knows how to take a joke — in fact, it’s birthplace of modern improv comedy.
—submitted by Rachel
8. The nine-floor Harold Washington Library puts all other libraries to shame.
9. The art and architecture make a simple walk around the city a feast for the eyes.
—submitted by Shelly
10. Other cities try, but nowhere does pizza better than the Windy City.
11. The craft beer scene is hopping — and there's nothing like a local brew with a slice of deep dish.
12. In fact, there's a ton of great, affordable food to be found around the city, no matter what you're in the mood for.
13. Boystown is an amazingly fun, accepting, and diverse community that inspires you to be yourself.
14. The Lakefront Trail is the perfect place for a jog, a walk, or just a view of Lake Michigan.
15. Chicagoans are the most genuine, fun, passionate, and down-to-earth people you'll ever meet. Period.
16. The winter may be rough, but it makes Chicagoans tough enough to handle anything life throws their way.
17. And although winter gets the most attention, Chicago has four distinct and beautiful seasons.
18. During the summer, street fairs and festivals bring the city to life...
—submitted by MaryAnne