1. B. Patisserie — San Francisco
Location: 2821 California St. at Divisadero St.
Both refined and modern, the bakery serves up delicious treats with a French — and American — flair. Pastries include “individual cakes and entremets, tarts, verrines, macarons, and a range of viennoiseries.”
Submitted by McKenzie Lauren Otus, Facebook
2. Baked & Wired — Washington, D.C.
Location: 1052 Thomas Jefferson St. NW
A Georgetown favorite, the bakery serves up “small-batched baked goods prepared from family recipes.” Here, you can wake and bake, and no one will bat an eye.
Submitted by Zoe Marquedant, Facebook
3. Queen of Tarts — Dublin
Location: Cows Lane & Cork Hill (both at Dame St.)
“The butter is magic, the setting darling, and the scones enormous.”
Submitted by Su-Jit Lin-DeSimone, Facebook
4. Duchess Bake Shop — Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Location: 10718 124th St. NW
Arguably the best bakery in Canada, the Duchess has a philosophy of using “no mixes, no preservatives, and no shortcuts.” An equal opportunity baker, they have both a duke and a duchess cake.
Submitted by Kendra Thompson, Facebook
6. The Little Tart Bakeshop — Atlanta
Location: 437 Memorial Dr. SE & 99 Krog St.
Sarah, the owner, has been baking ever since she was 10. Now, at her French-inspired bakery, you can find “crème fraîche quiche, local fruit galettes, croissants, scones, and tarts,” many baked with locally sourced ingredients.
Submitted by Lea Murray, Facebook
7. Pastéis de Belém — Lisbon
Location: Rua Belém 84-92, 1300-085
“They have the best pastel de nata in the world. The crunchy outside layer holds the creamy egg custard, on top of which sugar and cinnamon are sprinkled. It’s served warm and melts in your mouth. Plus, the place is almost 200 years old!”
Submitted by Carmo
11. Bakery Lorraine — San Antonio
Location: 306 Pearl Parkway #110
Even though it’s been open only a few years, the bakery has already established itself as a San Antonio favorite. And judging just from their gorgeous creations, it’s no wonder why.
Submitted by Elizabeth Juvera, Facebook
14. L’Art Sucré — Wiesbaden, Germany
Location: Am Römertor 7
The small establishment serves up incredible pralines and melt-in-your-mouth macaroons.
Submitted by Renata Guimarães, Facebook
- Big changes to Medicare are taking a backseat as Donald Trump and GOP leaders have opposing views on the hot-button issue.
- A year after a husband and wife pledged allegiance to ISIS and massacred 14 people in San Bernardino, California, key questions remain.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿