31 Kitchen Gadgets For People Who Are Tired Of Spending Time Cooking During Quarantine
Making food doesn't have to take over your night.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A microwave pasta maker that lets you make perfect al dente pasta...IN THE MICROWAVE. Just insert noodles and water, stick it in the microwave, and you'll have delicious pasta in minutes. No mess or sticking!
2. An automatic pan stirrer with a built-in timer designed to take over at the stove while you do literally anything else.
3. An Instant Pot if you want delicious meals to basically cook themselves in not much time at all! You won't believe how quick and simple it is to make dishes that actually taste incredible using this miracle appliance.
6. A manual food chopper so you can forget dragging out the cutting board and not being sure if you're crying because of the onions or because of the huge mess in your kitchen.
7. A Kochblume spill stopper to avoid a mess if your pot boils over. It traps excess foam and liquid so they don't spill all over your stove. No more hovering anxiously in the kitchen while waiting for your water to boil (and say goodbye to having a huge mess to clean up all because you BRIEFLY turned your head).
10. Some glass food storage containers made to keep food fresh so when you do work up the energy to cook, you can do so in larger batches and store them for longer. Now future you will have some easy meals already prepared!
11. A hassle-free Crock-Pot that'll simmer on its own all day! All you have to do is add the ingredients in the morning, turn it on, and pretend someone else cooked when dinnertime rolls around.
12. A personal-sized NutriBullet for the fastest, easiest smoothies you can imagine. A quick breakfast doesn't have to mean an unhealthy breakfast! This device's powerful motor can blend nuts, berries, spinach, and more so your on-the-go meal is packed with nutrients.
13. A compact vacuum-sealing FoodSaver that amazingly protects food from freezer burn, mold, and off tastes if you want to store it for even longer.
14. A toaster oven, because it will change your life! This thing can bake, broil, toast, and keep warm — allowing you to make perfect pizza, golden slices of toast, chicken nuggets, and more in just minutes! Plus, you won't have to heat up the whole house by turning on the oven.
15. An avocado slicer so that a quick slice of avo toast isn't a messy, potentially dangerous struggle. This three-in-one tool can split an avocado, remove the pit, and make perfectly even slices with minimal effort and cleanup on your part!
16. A bagel guillotine so you can safely and effortlessly slice a variety of bagels, muffins, buns, rolls, and more while shouting "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"
17. A breakfast sandwich maker that can SIMULTANEOUSLY cook an egg, toast bread, warm precooked meat, and melt cheese into the perfect sandwich in five minutes or less. From now on, I want all of my sandwiches to be prepared by robots.
18. An air fryer to cook perfectly crisped french fries, veggies, chicken wings, and more in less than 20 minutes — no oil required!
19. A guac-lock container ingeniously designed so that your precious leftover avocado doesn't brown overnight. "No need to peel a new avocado for guac or avo toast, there's some left in the fridge!" —future you.
20. Some tabletop cereal dispensers that make mornings easy, especially if you've got kids! Plus, it keeps cereal fresh so it lasts longer than in the box.
21. A set of OXO shredding claws with handles to make it way easier and faster to turn a store-bought rotisserie chicken (or any store-bought/homemade meat) into a variety of meals without getting your fingers all burned and greasy.
If you're doubtful, check out these easy gourmet meals you can make with a grocery store rotisserie chicken and WITHOUT having to deal with raw chicken.
22. A set of silicone cups invented to make cooking perfectly poached eggs so much easier. You can even make them in the MICROWAVE.
23. An apple slicer that makes preparing a quick snack almost absurdly quick and easy. Try drizzling some honey over your perfect apple slices and thank me later.
24. A subscription to Freshly so you can have pre-cooked nutritious meals shipped to you that just have to be microwaved! The best part is that they don't have that bleh taste that microwaved meals usually have. These are actually delicious and satisfying!
25. An Everyplate subscription so you don't have to keep trying to come up with ideas for dinner every single night. You'll receive three to five meals per week that are super easy to make and will save you a lot of grocery shopping and meal prepping time.
26. A pair of herb scissors so you can clip your ingredients directly into your plate and not have to involve cleaning a cutting board! What was once tedious chopping is now fast and easy clipping!
27. A fruit slicer set cleverly makes slicing up fruit faster and easier! It comes with a watermelon slicer and scooper, a strawberry slicer, and a peach pitter so that you can have a healthy, refreshing, and hassle-free fruit salad in no time! Plus, it's dishwasher-safe!
28. An easy-to-use pot that lets you steam meat and veggies while your rice cooks below. You can also use it to make oatmeal, chili, and soup! If you're not trying to spend a whole lot on a fancier cooker, this thing is a great start.
29. A subscription to Splendid Spoon for plant-based smoothies, soups, and bowls that are ready to eat. You can heat the soups if you want, but it's not necessary!
30. A nonstick divided skillet – it ingeniously lets you cook a full meal using only ONE PAN. It's also dishwasher-safe and super easy to hand wash.
31. An erupting volcano microwave cleaner that makes it easy and actually kinda fun to keep your microwave from getting smelly and gross. Especially if you've been relying on it a lot lately.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.