All of my wife’s four siblings are married except one. Bridget, the unmarried one, got cut out of her mom and dad’s Christmas card picture five years ago. Her parents found it awkward to have just one remaining child in her mid-20s still in the picture, so they kicked her out. Bewildered, lonely, and unsure what to do with herself in this big world, she began sending out her own Christmas cards.
2. 2010: A Lonely Christmas Eve
The family received this one day, unexpectedly, and we were all caught a bit off guard.
3. 2011: Friends Over for Tea
In 2011, still single and still barred from her parents’ card, she invited some guests over for tea, alcohol, and crumpets.
4. 2012: Christmas Camaraderie
I’m not sure if the cards are getting better or creepier. For the rest of the family, a single Bridget is enough. 2013’s card featured five Bridgets.
5. 2013: Desperation
As the rest of the siblings had one, two, or three children at this point, Bridget remained unmarried. She still wasn’t allowed in her mom and dad’s Christmas card.
She got these printed at Costco. The employees thought they were funny. There was another family with the same last name, and they took these home by accident. They weren’t amused.
6. 2014: Things Take a Turn for the… I don’t know what.
In 2014, she’s still not married and her parents are still refusing to let her join in on the yuletide fun. Consequently, Bridget decided to go out and find someone to fill the void in her life.
7. Our only hope is that she never gets married so this can continue forever.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎