So Hull City didn't win the FA Cup in the end.
But there are still so many other reasons to celebrate the glory of Kingston upon Hull. Such as...
1. It's got the world's largest Yorkshire Pudding factory.
2. For a King's Town, it's pretty republican.
3. John Prescott.
4. The local accent.
5. Spiders Nightclub.
(Their website deserves a special cultural award of its own.)
6. It's got some pretty amazing public toilets. Coach trips make special visits to see them.
7. Hull's no longer as crap as it used to be.
8. Then there's the music scene. Hull gave the world The Housemartins...
9. ...who then morphed into The Beautiful South.
10. Everything But The Girl formed in Hull...
...and took their name from a sign outside a Hull furniture shop.
11. Did we mention John Prescott? Here he is on a trampoline.
12. They used to sell these official T-shirts in the Hull tourist board offices.
13. Then there's the beautiful River Hull.
14. The epic Humber Bridge.
15. You can join this Hull man for a quiet pint on Anlaby Road.
16. Or have something to eat at Mr Chu's China Palace.
17. The city's insistence on doing things differently, like its cream telephone boxes.
18. The world famous Hull Fair.
19. John Prescott.
20. There's The Deep, an enormous aquarium.
21. And the famous Hull Truck theatre.
22. But from Bransholme...
23. ...to The Avenues...
24. ...via King Billy's golden statue...
25. ...Hull's always just Hull.
No nonsense, doing its own thing and not caring what anyone else thinks. And you can't argue with that.