So Hull City didn’t win the FA Cup in the end.
But there are still so many other reasons to celebrate the glory of Kingston upon Hull. Such as…
1. It’s got the world’s largest Yorkshire Pudding factory.
Hull’s Aunt Bessie’s produces FIVE HUNDRED MILLION frozen Yorkshire Puddings every year.
3. John Prescott.
6. It’s got some pretty amazing public toilets. Coach trips make special visits to see them.
“We get people queuing around the corner to come in and have a look,” says attendant Shirley Binks.
“They bring video cameras, have a look round, ask questions, and then go. A lot of them don’t even use the toilets. We’ve had people from all over the world: New Zealand, Australia, Poland, America, Japan, Russia.”
8. Then there’s the music scene. Hull gave the world The Housemartins…
Look, it’s a young Norman Cook aka Fatboy Slim!
9. …who then morphed into The Beautiful South.
10. Everything But The Girl formed in Hull…
11. Did we mention John Prescott? Here he is on a trampoline.
â€œ@scolvey: @johnprescott I’d love to see a photo of you bouncing on that trampoline.â€ < Oh ok then….
12. They used to sell these official T-shirts in the Hull tourist board offices.
16. Or have something to eat at Mr Chu’s China Palace.
Hull’s biggest Chinese restaurant is a home-from-home for John Prescott. Pictures of him fill an entire wall and Tony Blair has even been a few times. Unfortunately it has also had a few hygiene issues.
We recommend the two course lunch menu at a mere £6 a head.
â€œ@jimwaterson Eating at Mr Chu’s after praise from @johnprescott. Tasty but stuck halfway through main. How d’ya do it?â€ > Years of training
19. John Prescott.
25. …Hull’s always just Hull.
No nonsense, doing its own thing and not caring what anyone else thinks. And you can’t argue with that.