1. Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
2. Turn off the setting that says “Simple Passcode.”
3. A screen will appear prompting you to change your passcode, along with a full QWERTY keyboard. The next time you unlock your phone, the keyboard will appear instead of just the number pad.
Tell Siri, “Read my email,” and she’ll oblige. You’ll hear the sender’s name, the date/time of the message, and the subject line.
You can also instruct her to “read my latest email” or ask, “Do I have email from [person]?”
Ask Siri, “What flights are above me?” or just say, “Planes overhead,” and she’ll pull up a chart featuring each plane’s flight number, its altitude, and its angle. (It took my Siri about 30 seconds to pull up this data, so be patient!)
Turn your phone horizontally when in your calendar app to see a more detailed view of your appointments.
This is especially useful if you have kids, or have zero self-control when it comes to Candy Crush. Go to Settings > General > Restrictions, Enable Restrictions, and scroll down to disable In-App Purchases.
Hold down the dash on your keyboard to get a super-cool menu of dashes, which you can use to please all your grammar stickler friends.
In your Contacts app, you can enable different vibration patterns for different contacts. This is particularly handy if you keep your phone in your pocket, so you can distinguish hands-free between a pesky email from your boss and a fun text.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏