1. Alexey writes of his technique: “I capture snowflakes at open balcony of my house, mostly on glass surface, lighted by LED flashlight from opposite side of glass, and sometimes in natural light, using dark woolen fabrics as background.”
Says Alexey: “One specimen of interesting snowflake type: capped column. It’s not rare thing, but difficult to shoot because of volumetric shape and small size (usually not longer than 2 millimeters). Unfortunately, i still not focus-stacked it, but it’s my first relatively good shot of this type.”
- Barack Obama holds his final press conference as president today.
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick for EPA chief, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom.