Located in San Francisco’s Japantown district, the Sundance Kabuki hosts several film festivals, and for good reason: the posh theater, remodeled with recycled and sustainable materials, boasts upscale bars and restaurants for a four-star before-and-after movie experience.The theater also offers reserved seating and doesn’t show ads before movies. (Yesssss.)
Cinépolis, which now has a number of California locales, features reclining leather seats that you can reserve and waiter service that will drop off gourmet snacks like salads, flat bread pizzas, cheesecakes and “zebra” popcorn, covered in white and dark chocolate.
Motorized reclining seats, free snacks in the theater’s VIP lounge AND a complimentary foot massage? Yes, FOOT MASSAGE.
As the largest 3-D IMAX in the world, the cinema at this multiplex boats a 72 ft by 92 ft screen. It also features a 6-channel sound system with an output of 12,000 watts of uncompressed digital surround sound. What to do after your flick? The theater is part of a 235,000 square foot multiplex that also includes a food court, multinational fast food outlets, a gaming zone and a shopping mall.
19. 7. Electric Cinema, London, England
Located in the Notting Hill district, Electric’s swankiest feature, besides its sixty-five leather armchair seats, are three 2-seater sofas at the rear of the theatre and six double beds in the front row, where you can watch your film in comfort. (They also provide individual cashmere blankets.)
The ultimate in cinematic luxury, this theater lets diners/moviegoers feast on upscale French-Italian cuisine, courtesy of a former Park Hyatt chef. After dinner, patrons can relax for the duration of the movie in one of only 30 seats crafted by the same designers who make private movie theater seats for Saudi royalty. It’ll cost you though — tickets start at $54.
Ever wanted to watch a movie surrounded by gravestones? Film group Cinespia hosts outdoor movie nights in the Hollwood Forever Cemetery, where legens like Marion Davies, John Huston, Peter Lorre, Fay Wray, Carl “Alfalfa” Switzer, Harry Cohn, and Bugsy Siegel are laid to rest. Bring blankets for a truly unforgettable movie-watching experience.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? This Chinese selfie app is why. Say cheese 📸