1. Sophie Mullins, a 6-year-old from West Virginia, complained to her father that she was too tired from doing her constant homework assignments in first grade.
2. Her dad, in typical “dad joke” fashion, told her to write to her congressman about it. So she did.
“All we do is work, work, work. I need a break. Can you please help?” Sophie writes, saying she wants to spend less time on homework and more time hanging out with her dad.
4. Two weeks later, Sophie received a personal phone call from U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va.
5. Senator Manchin asked Sophie what kind of work was tiring her out. “Math and reading and writing,” she said.
“Basically if you work hard it’s going to pay off, you’re going to be smarter, aren’t you?” he replied. “So you keep working hard on your studies so you can get smarter, so you can help us.”
6. Sophie says now she’ll get back to “work and work and work.”
- The Pentagon is investigating Trump's former national security adviser over payments he received from Russia-linked groups.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging incident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar issues.
- John McCain and Trump were supposed to be sworn enemies. But now the president may hire some of his former aides 🤗
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥