9. “Quod culus tibi purior salillo est, nec toto decies cacas in anno; atque id durius est faba et lapillis. Quod tu si manibus teras fricesque, non umquam digitum inquinare posses.”
“Your ass is purer than a saltcellar, nor do you take a shit 10 times in the whole year. When you do, it’s harder than beans and pebbles; and if you rub and crumble it in your hands, you can’t ever dirty a finger.”
—Catullus 23 (meant as a compliment)
8. “Cum depilatos, Chreste, coleos portes et vulturino mentulam parem collo et prostitutis levius caput culis.”
“Chrestus, your balls are hairless
And your cock is as smooth as a vulture’s neck.
Your scalp is slicker than a hooker’s butt.”
—Martial, Epigrams IX.27
7. “Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones. “
“But stay at home, and prepare yourself for nine back-to-back fuckings.”
(A “love” letter to young Ipsitilla. Conclusion of poem: “I am lying down after lunch, I am full and on my back; I am boring a hole through my tunic and cloak.”)
6. “De cathedra quotiens surgis—jam saepe notavi—pedicant miserae, Lesbia, te tunicae….sic constringuntur gemina Symplegade culi et nimias intrant Cyaneasque natis.”
“I’ve noticed when you get up from the couch
You’re buttfucked, Lesbia, by your wretched skirts.
Your skirts are caught between those massive buns
As big as two Gibraltars — a tight fit.”
—Martial, Epigrams XI.99
3. “At tu, pro facinus, Bassa, fututor eras. Inter se geminos audes committere cunnos mentiturque uirum prodigiosa Venus.”
“Bassa, you were in fact a fucker (of women). You dare to rub together two pussies, and your clitoris plays the role of a male.”
—Martial, Epigrams 1.90
1. “Pedicabo ego uos et irrumabo // Aureli pathice et cinaede Furi.”
“I will fuck you in the ass and in the mouth, respectively; Aurelius, you sodomized ass pony and Furius, you cock-sucking pervert.”
—Catullus, poem 16, directed at two men who think Catullus is “girly” because he writes love poems.
This poem was considered so vulgar that no one translated it fully into English until the 20th century.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎