16 Practical Tips For Meal Prepping For One Person
You don't have to eat the same thing every day.
Here are some of their best tips:
1. Invest in a kitchen scale and thermometer to make meal prepping your proteins a breeze.
2. Freeze single portions of food in freezer baggies.
3. Get yourself a mini slow cooker so you can come home to the perfect-sized meal that's warm and ready.
4. Store your fresh produce in special containers designed to keep them fresh longer.
5. Buy large containers of ground meat when it's on sale, and store it in plastic baggies in individual portions.
6. Store all of your prepped foods individually so you can mix them in exciting (and different) combinations every night.
7. Shop with a friend to cut down on food waste and make grocery shopping cheaper.
8. Don't be afraid to buy items in bulk — simply freeze anything you won't use right away.
9. Create a stockpile of frozen meals so you can have a different dinner every night.
10. If leftover food isn't your thing, meal prep just the ingredients so you can easily cook something up every night.
11. Work with what you have.
12. Prep the same ingredient several different ways so you have options.
13. Repurpose your leftovers into entirely different meals.
14. Instead of buying prepackaged meats, hit up the butcher counter — that way you buy only what you need...
15. And veggies too! Avoid buying the prepackaged varieties and start looking at the loose produce bins.
16. Try adding a bit of fresh herbs (or frozen herb cubes) to your reheated meals to brighten their flavor.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.