1. Star Wars yoga.
2. And a phone-in Chewbacca impersonation competition.
3. A busker writing poetry live.
4. A French slang class that comes to you.
5. A mug that tells Sydney how Melbourne really feels.
6. A sign of gratitude from an elected official.
7. The great smashed avo crisis.
8. Weather going from one extreme to another in the course of two days.
9. Matcha lattes.
10. And blue algae lattes.
11. A graffiti marriage proposal.
12. A tribute to Taylor Swift's internet ~death~.
13. And an homage to Kanye's "Famous".
14. Espresso martinis in jars.
15. Deconstructed coffee.
16. And structured water.
17. Creative drink names.
18. Socks that match the tram seats.
19. And a vintage train seat.
20. A tram with a moustache.
21. And a guy taking his terrarium for a ride.
22. Insane desserts.
23. Beer served in a milk bottle.
24. And a beaker.
25. A hand-drawn ad for a missing bike with a "hipster AF milk crate".
26. Australia's first dog cafe.
27. Sushi burgers.
28. And "Melbourne Man", the ~fake~ hipster.
For more Best of 2016 content, click here!
Want more proof that Australia is like no place else on earth? Sign up for BuzzFeed's "Meanwhile in Australia" newsletter!
If you can't see the signup box above, just go here to sign up for BuzzFeed's "Meanwhile in Australia" newsletter!
This post previously included something that happened in 2015, not 2016. The item has been removed.