1. Seven-year-old Cam just had what is quite possibly the best Harry Potter themed party to ever happen.
“Cam and I started reading the books together about two years ago because he always heard me and my friends talk about it,” Cam’s mom Allie told BuzzFeed. “It’s a little over his head for his age but he loves it and is always singing or humming ‘Hedwig’s Song’”.
2. Cam woke up to a living room full of floating candles, owls, and letters from Hogwarts that had been delivered overnight.
“We talked for about a month but basically we solidified and created everything for it in the week leading up until his birthday,” said Allie. “The entire day, including all the materials only cost us around $50USD.”
3. After receiving his wand and robes, Cam then visited Professor Trelawney who told him to “go to Platform 9 3/4 and await further instructions from the Order of the Phoenix”.
“Trelawney” was actually Allie’s friend Brit, who set up a table in her apartment. “He was so into the adventure and talking to me to hear a prophecy, it didn’t even phase him he was in my normal apartment that he’s been to a million times,” Brit told BuzzFeed.
4. The adventure only took off from there.
The wanted poster on the platform had clues of where to take the train to, which led Cam to a member of the Order, who directed him to Barnes and Noble to find a recipe for Polyjuice Potion hidden in a book. Outside Barnes and Noble was an ad for potion brewing at the Three Broomsticks (a Starbucks sister company). Allie works at Starbucks so was able to deck out the whole cafe like the Three Broomsticks.
6. Once Pappy was beaten, Cam was given a sock with a note from Dobby telling him to return home where house elves had been hard at work on a surprise.
“We had a true blue Hagrid-esque birthday cake, chocolate frogs, jelly slugs and Bertie Bott’s every flavor beans,” said Allie.