17 Incredible Reasons Why Everyone Needs To Try Bannock
The most underrated Canadian food.
So, you're wondering, "What is bannock really?"
2. But, Indigenous people have been making variations of the wonder-food for centuries pre-contact.
3. Today, bannock is usually baked in an oven. Sometimes, it even turns out like this:
Or like this:
Or sometimes it even looks like this:
There are also so many variations of how it's served. Some like it hot, some like it cold...
4. Some die-hards even like it with Cheez Whiz.
5. Bannock that is deep-fried is typically called "frybread."
6. And frybread is one of the most versatile foods in the world.
7. Just so you know, frybread beats having toast for breakfast any day.
8. It also goes perfectly with jam.
9. Or if you're in the mood for something savoury, bannock burgers are totally a thing, too.
OMC! (Oh my Creator!)
10. Or, if hotdogs are more your thing, you can always make bannock dogs.
11. Bannock also happens to be one of the most transportable foods. If you're on the go, let us introduce you to bannock pops:
12. Or, you can just stay home and get messy with it.
Shit's about to get real...