3. Eight hour smoked brisket.
Because grilling and BBQ are two totally different things.
4. The glory that is Dr Pepper.
Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, Texas in 1885.
8. Everything that is Matthew McConaughey.
Not only does he look good, but he’s a winner to boot.
16. NASA, ‘cause if you want to go to the moon you gotta go through Texas first.
Mission control is located at Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston.
19. Whole Foods Market.
The popular grocery store was founded in Austin, Texas.
Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is the most popular water park in the country.
22. Houston Rodeo, which just so happens to be the biggest in the world.
27. And the R&B icon of a generation: Usher.
28. One of the premier stadiums in all of sports.
29. The Cowboys’ five Super Bowls.
30. And the San Antonio Spurs five NBA championships.
33. Amazing beaches at Galveston Island.
You didn’t think it was all deserts, did you?
34. Flour tortillas so good that they serve as edible spoons.
39. Highway 130, which has the country’s highest speed limit.
42. And a symbol of independence and rebellion in the Alamo.
43. The best regional fast food chain anywhere.
44. The fact that it was once a sovereign nation.
From 1836-1846 Texas was its own country. How many other states can say that?
45. Oh, and of course the gloriousness that is Beyoncé.
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉