3. Eight hour smoked brisket.
Because grilling and BBQ are two totally different things.
4. The glory that is Dr Pepper.
Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, Texas in 1885.
8. Everything that is Matthew McConaughey.
Not only does he look good, but he’s a winner to boot.
16. NASA, ‘cause if you want to go to the moon you gotta go through Texas first.
Mission control is located at Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston.
19. Whole Foods Market.
The popular grocery store was founded in Austin, Texas.
Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is the most popular water park in the country.
22. Houston Rodeo, which just so happens to be the biggest in the world.
27. And the R&B icon of a generation: Usher.
28. One of the premier stadiums in all of sports.
29. The Cowboys’ five Super Bowls.
30. And the San Antonio Spurs five NBA championships.
33. Amazing beaches at Galveston Island.
You didn’t think it was all deserts, did you?
34. Flour tortillas so good that they serve as edible spoons.
39. Highway 130, which has the country’s highest speed limit.
42. And a symbol of independence and rebellion in the Alamo.
43. The best regional fast food chain anywhere.
44. The fact that it was once a sovereign nation.
From 1836-1846 Texas was its own country. How many other states can say that?
45. Oh, and of course the gloriousness that is Beyoncé.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭