28 Things To Help Make Your Room More Adult, Even If You're In Denial
I'd hate to tell you this, but you're officially an adult and it's time to start pretending to be one.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. This to-do list mousepad that'll keep you on track throughout the day waaaaay better than sticky notes could ever dream of doing. Never miss an appointment, errand, or other ~adult~ thing again.
2. An organized desk mat so you can take a quick scan of all the essentials — your calendar, agenda, and notes — before grabbing your coffee and heading out the door.
3. This set of transparent, stackable containers because no real adult will be able to resist a cute way to keep things organized.
4. A hanger rack so you can FINALLY do something about those spare hangers littering your closet floor. Adult problems call for adult solutions.
5. This clothing folder board for any twenty-something (or thirty-something) who STILL asks their mom to fold their clothes for them. And, it's compact enough to store in small spaces in your room when not in use. If you need me, I'll be adding this to my cart so I can finally make my mother proud for once.
6. A slim-but-powerful vacuum cleaner because it's about damn time you've started getting rid of those dust bunnies for yourself!!!
7. And a gorgeous area rug to make the room feel both cozy and elegant, especially if your space is mostly bare and you have no idea what to do with all the empty floor.
8. This mini steamer that'll take your clothes from wrinkled to interview-ready in a minute. This is gonna sound harsh, but the time has come for you to stop looking like you rolled straight out of bed when you go to work.
9. Mattress toppers so you can transform your old, creaky mattress into cushy comfort without dropping a ton of $$$. Saving money would be the ~adult~ thing to do, after all.
10. A set of microfiber sheets because at some point in our lives, the polka dot patterned sheets we've had since middle school just don't cut it anymore.
11. This all-season comforter that'll suit your needs come winter or summer and help you get a good night's sleep because of how cozy it is.
12. A set of six foldable storage boxes so you can Marie Kondo your closet and save yourself so much time in the morning when you actually find what you're looking for, for once!
13. These space-saving bags that'll condense your closet so you can have more room for the things you actually need — as opposed to, you know, just chucking everything on top of the giant mountain of clothes in your room.
14. A hanging plastic wastebasket so you can stop leaving dirty tissues and used Q-tips scattered across your dresser. It's slim enough to fit in small corners, and its and it's two included hanging options (or a third adhesive alternative, not included) keep it off your floor.
15. And these plug-in air fresheners because no one — I repeat, NO ONE — wants to walk into a room and be greeted by the funky smell of gym socks and last night's leftover pizza.
16. Or a vanilla-scented soy candle (poured into an upcycled container) to mask stuffy odors and give your room a pleasant scent.
17. This rad alarm clock that projects the current time onto your ceiling so you'll know exactly when to get up and start the day without actually rolling over and checking the clock or your phone.
18. A set or two of these honeycomb drawer organizers so you can organize your drawers and become the Type A adult you've always wanted to be.
19. Motion-detecting closet lights that'll finally give you NO EXCUSE to just toss your jacket into the closet because you "can't see inside anyway." Next-level adulting, right this way.
20. These sound-proof, light-blocking curtains because, honestly, adult life is hard sometimes and no one can blame you for wanting to enjoy some peace and quiet in the comfort of your room.
21. Some stretchy bed bands that'll keep your fitted sheet in place so you can rest undisturbed — you'll need your energy for more important things like giving a work presentation or running errands.
22. A desk lamp with five warmth settings and seven brightness levels to put the least amount of strain on your eyes as possible when you're up late at night working on your #sidehustle.
23. This laundry hamper to gently remind you to separate your clothes before you end up turning your favorite white shirt pink. Mom couldn't be more proud!
24. An adorable hanger that'll help you locate missing socks and reunite them with their matching pair as quickly as possible — you know, as opposed to spending even more money buying a new pack because you swear you've searched the dryer inside and out.
25. This over-the-door rack so you can keep some items organized and off the floor while adding a little decorative charm to your room.
26. This sleek marble-look desk to help your room look more like a business lounge for being your most productive self. Working from bed just makes you feel like sleeping, so if you got a desk, it'd become your designated space for getting productive work done.
27. A sleek jewelry organizer so you can stop trying to untangle your mess of necklaces in the morning. Just slip a hanger through the organizer for easy storage in your closet.
28. And, a sophisticated-looking storm glass that doubles as adult-looking decor and a fun way to check the weather to make sure you aren't heading out with sandals in a snowstorm.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.