25 Useful Things That'll Help You Avoid Destroying Everything You Try To Cook
Gone are the days of burnt chicken and undercooked pasta.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A 48-needle meat tenderizer because you always seem to end up with dried out meat in the oven. This thing creates little "heat channels" that'll reduce cooking time by up to 40% and less time in the oven = less moisture loss.
2. This dumpling maker so you can stop accidentally tearing the dough every time you try to seal homemade pot stickers, empanadas, and turnovers. Plus, this'll ensure that you add *just enough* filling — no more and no more less.
3. A sous vide cooker to help you maintain a precise heating temperature so you never end up with over- or under-cooked meat, fish, or eggs ever again.
4. This Instant Pot that's pretty much a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, a sauté-r, a yogurt maker, and a warmer all in ONE. In other words, your soups, pastas, and other meals are about to be done about 70% faster without the accidental burning.
5. A veggie spiralizer for making perfect "vegetable pasta" spirals with just the turn of a handle — if you've been doing it literally any other way, you've probably noticed by now that it takes too long and spirals are always either too thick or too thin.
6. This microwave pasta maker because you always end up accidentally overcooking your noodles and having to slurp mush instead of al dente linguine.
7. A sushi-making kit because every time you try to make your own California roll, you somehow end up with a misshapen mess.
8. This copy of The Flavor Bible so you can learn how to properly combine ingredients, textures, and temperatures for a ~heavenly~ plate.
9. A stuffed patty mold because the last time you tried creating a cheddar-stuffed burger, the patty wasn't sealed correctly and you just ended up with the cheese melting through and burning on the skillet.
10. This little kitchen timer to make sure you never, ever, EVER accidentally forget about your food and burn it on the stove again. It's a simple idea that's simple to implement.
11. A microwave rice cooker since you typically end up with partially boiled rice on the stove top — this thing'll give you perfectly steamed results every time.
12. This air fryer because when you oven bake or deep-fry your foods, you usually end up overcooking them by just a smidge.
13. A rapid egg cooker so you can actually end up with perfectly hard-boiled eggs instead of ones that are accidentally too runny.
14. This digital food scale (with a removable bowl) so you can get the most precise measurements possible for your recipes — adding even a little more or a little less than what's needed can seriously throw off your end result, even after you worked so hard to perfect the process.
15. A little oven thermometer because, sorry, your oven might be deceiving you. The temperature just may not be as accurate as you've always thought, which could be why you end up with undercooked meals even when you followed the recipe to a T.
16. This beautiful (and informative) print to help you identify and describe herbs and spices so you'll always know exactly what you can add to your pot to level up that flavor.
17. A batter-dispenser because you always end up with drips and spills when you try to make pancakes, cupcakes, and muffins by pouring directly from the mixing bowl to the pan or griddle.
18. This spatula tool with a harder center and flexible edges so you can easily slide it right under those super hard-to-flip egg omelets.
19. A PFOA-free nonstick ceramic Always Pan because your dinner always looks ~beautiful~ while it's cooking in the pan...but once you try to spoon it onto your plate, you notice burnt-on crusts and suddenly, you have chunks of food stuck to the pan. This is also designed to do the work of EIGHT pieces of regular old cookware, and comes with a lockable lid, steamer basket, pouring spout, and a nesting spatula with a built-in rest.
20. This magnetic measuring spoon set so you can always have super-precise measurements and will never add half a spoon too much of baking powder or other ingredients. And! They'll stack up perfectly and stay organized.
21. A microwave bacon cooker if you normally end up burning your bacon when you cook it on the stove. Just pop this thing into the microwave for perfectly-cooked bacon in just 60 seconds.
22. This easy-to-use breakfast sandwich maker so you can make your own fast food-style bacon, egg, and cheese without having to use multiple appliances that just wind up leaving you flustered (and with a lackluster result).
23. A set of bags that'll keep your favorite fromages fresh for far, far longer. This way, you won't ever ruin a pasta dish with super stale cheese.
24. This two-in-one chop 'n' stir tool so you can mash those boiled eggs, potatoes, and chunks of meat as perfectly as possible, and help them cook more thoroughly and have the right texture when you're done.
25. And this fish spatula to help you perfectly flip your salmon fillets while you cook 'em. It'll help you avoid ending up with broken fillets when you try to flip or remove them from the pan.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.