We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer treats *and* defeats dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines that are taking up prime real estate around your delicate eye area. This even comes with a built-in sponge applicator so you don't even have to *think* about packing another tool for a weekend getaway.
Promising review: "I swear by this neutralizer! It covers my dark circles incredibly well (and instantly!) and the coverage is still light and never cakey. I love that it dries and sets very fast as well. This will not crease if you are applying it properly on the area that they are dark circles only. I have tried EVERY under eye circle product that exists and this is now my one and only. I can never find it anywhere except for Amazon and I'm happy that they offer it." —Jasmine
Get it from Amazon for $7.97 (available in 18 shades).
Want to know more? Check out our full review of Maybelline Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer (#4).
2. Bio Oil gently cares for uneven complexions and handles a myriad of skin concerns in one go. It's so effective, more than 100,000 people love it. It's also noncomedogenic, which means it won't clog pores and — *jumps for joy* — can be used on the face, as well, to eradicate acne scars.
Psst! Bio-Oil contains retinol, which accelerates skin turnover but can make you more sensitive to the sun — so don't forget your sunscreen!
Promising reviews: "I swear by this product. Very effective on discolored skin due to scarring. I had shingles on my face brought about by stress because we were moving. It ravaged the lower right side of my face and I was pretty sure it was going to leave scarring. I bought this and started applying it when I started scabbing and still haven't stopped using it until now. I had my shingles in April and it's August now. It works. Check the before and after pics. Scars are now gone." —twitch
"I used this twice daily starting in the second trimester and am happy to report NO STRETCH MARKS now after pregnancy! This is really saying something as I have been prone to stretch marks my entire life, as have my mom and sister: I got them bad in the teenage years. I used this product on my tummy, hips, and thighs along with a natural lotion (shea, coconut) to moisturize and have no new stretch marks at all. I should add that I am 30 years old, and have skin that easily bruises or injures. And NOTHING! I would highly recommend this, and intend to use it for future pregnancies. I also used it to prevent scarring. I cut my forehead; a legit Harry Potter cut. It really helped to fade the cut and subsequent scar." —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.92.
3. Nyx Concealer Color Correcting Palette disguises any evidence of your late night happy hours that went well beyond midnight. These creamy concealers hit the Ctrl + Z buttons on literally ANY kind of discoloration (read: acne scars and dark circles). And they can be blended with foundations to fix wonky undertones that don't match with your complexion.
The palette features six shades which are light and medium (to camouflage spots that aren't too dark), yellow and peach (to conceal dullness and dark circles), green (to cover redness), and purple and pink (to brighten). The concealers have a creamy, hydrating formula. Apply the color that will conceal the spot that you want to cover and then put your foundation on top of it as usual. NO, you won't have a purple spot or green spot of concealer sitting on your face. Once you apply your foundation, it won't be detectable at all. Happy blending! BTW, Nyx is cruelty-free!
Promising review: "I've always used concealers that match the color foundation I use. I decided to try the different color concealers and I'll stick with these. They cover the dark circles and redness with perfection." —Debbie
Get it from Amazon for $10.20+ (also available three additional correcting versions).
4. Supergoop! SPF 40 Glowscreen grips makeup and actually keeps it in place — all while shielding you from harmful rays with a clean-feeling primer. This comes in a pearlescent lotion that gives light coverage, and features a star-studded lineup of skin-loving ingredients like hyaluronic acid, B5 vitamins, and blue-light-protecting peptides that make it *the* morning multi-tasker.
Promising review: "I really love this sunscreen. I’ve tried so many and they usually leave a dry chalky feel. Not this one. I have dry skin and this one feels so smooth and hydrating and I love the glow that it leaves. It will be my new go-to!" —Sephora Customer
5. PanOxyl Foaming Face Wash works as both a cleanser to fight present and future breakouts with a 10% benzoyl peroxide formula *and* as a spot treatment (ideal for sensitive skin folk). It powerfully kills off bacteria to prevent new skin bullies from appearing, and deals with those that are currently on the surface by unclogging pores and helping skin shed more effectively.
I have super-sensitive, temperamental skin, so using a maximum strength benzoyl peroxide as an all-over face wash would just not work for me. HOWEVER, after tapping through some stories and scrolling through some reviews, I discovered that many of those who suffer from bad breakouts, like myself, were using it as a spot treatment. And hey! I gotta say these folks were onto something. I gave this a whirl for a couple of months — used it in conjunction with a mild, all-over facial cleanser — and strictly dotted this on painful, under-the-skin pimples post-cleanse. After applying it each night and allowing it to sit on my skin for no more than two minutes, I noticed a significant decrease in the size of these boulder-like breakouts come the next morning. (If I saw any irritation or dryness, I'd skip a night.) Now, I use this to help clear my skin anytime I feel one of those bullies trying to punch their way through — and, TBH, it really helps to keep things under control!
(Just don't forget to thoroughly moisturize after each use!)
Promising review: "This product is by far the best solution if you struggle with acne. I have tried millions of cleaners, creams, masks you name it I’ve tried it and nothing works as well as PanOxyl. I currently use the 10% and have since the beginning, I have heard some people experience dryness however, that has never happened with me. I swear by this product and it definitely does not get the hype it should. After one week my face was completely free of breakouts! This product uses benzoyl peroxide instead of other typical acne treatments, like salicylic acid which only removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores. This product works by or penetrating deep with the pores killing the bacteria that causes acne! So while it’s clearing your breakouts it’s preventing new ones from starting. That being said this product does contain peroxide so it will stain any towels or clothing it comes in contact with!" —Carolyn
Get it from Amazon for $9.48.
6. Maybelline Great Clear Lash Mascara ups the effectiveness of your routine to groom and separate lashes in preparation for a coat of color. Or, it can be used alone to build length and define naked lashes. Bonus here: The clear formula can also work as a pomade to tame frizzy hair and flyaways, or even as a brow gel!
Promising review: "The multitasking mascara! This clear mascara is the only mascara I use. It organizes my eyebrows and eyelashes for the whole day. That way, I don't have any problems with smudges from colored brow gel or flaking from black mascara — both of which can be hard to get off at the end of the day, along with taking brow hairs or eyelashes with them! The Maybelline Clear Mascara is amazing and is always with me, no matter what continent I'm on. Lastly, it doesn't make my eyes tear, as other mascaras do, and removes easily with water, in the shower. Altogether, a perfect cosmetic!" —Mary T. Graffeo
Get it from Amazon for $3.75.
7. Glossier Cloud Paint blends like a cream for subtle, buildable color when you want to look kissed by the sun without having to, you know, actually bake in the sun. The lightweight formula means it won't ever look cakey, and you can dab the same product on your lids for days when you're feeling matchy-matchy (aka lazy-lazy).
Our Deputy Editorial Director Maitland Quitmeyer uses this and says: "Cloud Paint might be the easiest-to-apply blush of all time. I am (as you can see on the right) incredibly pale, and a lot of blushes get full Haunted Victorian Doll really quick. Two dabs of this and a quick blend, and the natural pink flush is there — and any excess product I just pop on my eyelids for a cute matchy look. It adds some hydrated dimension to an otherwise-matte face of foundation, feels SUPER comfortable on, and lasts (on me at least) all day! There is a little bit of a learning curve when squeeeeezing the product out (it can be easy at first to waste some), but once you're used to it, squeezin's a breeze. The good news is you only need a teeeeensy tad, so the tube lasts (The Sandlot voice) FOR-E-VER!"
Promising review: "I am such a minimalist when it comes to makeup. I used to never use blush or bronzer. A simple tinted moisturizer with some concealer and whatever. BUT CLOUD PAINT CHANGED THAT. I absolutely love the color and glow it adds to my face. And it only takes three seconds to put it on. Perfect for a makeup minimalist like me." —Jennifer T
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in eight shades).
8. Hero Cosmetics Super Fuel Serum Stick glides over the skin post-cleanse to help those who are not out of the maskne woods yet (#me). And you can take this on the go, since its cooling and soothing properties revive thirsty skin, balance overproduction of oil and bacteria, and calm redness STAT.
I have this healing balm and since I introduced it into my routine I have not looked back. I love the cooling sensation that comes from gliding it over painful blemishes and also dry patches. I feel like its providing a shield against future bacteria that can breed beneath masks. After I've cleansed and toned my skin I sweep it over my cheeks and jawline, give it a few minutes to do its job by absorbing and follow with some SPF or regular face cream. If I know I'm going to be wearing my mask, though, I'll skip on the moisturizer as I feel this stick provides enough hydration.
Promising review: "I love the way it feels on my face, my skin looks healthy and glows! I’m a pharmacy tech so wearing a face mask every day has its wear and tear but after a few days I saw a difference. No redness, my breakout cleared up quickly, and my face has been much less oily. Im not even done with the first stick and I’m going to order a second immediately. I especially love to apply it and then use a freshly cooled face roller. It feels amazing. Being able to use it everyday and even twice in a day is just a blessing." —Sydney N.
9. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer protects your face with a broad spectrum shield of SPF 20, and provides a soft, sheer layer of coverage that treats dryness while still feeling like your actual skin (and not a greasy layer of baked-on makeup). So you can subtly even out complexions that haven't gotten their eight hours.
I can attest that this foundation-alt doesn't draw attention to patches of dryness — it actually does a great job of nourishing your skin as well as providing medium coverage to naturally mask blemishes. I especially love it because I can even out my skin tone in a pinch with just *one* product, instead of having to throw a bajillion things on my face to achieve a healthy-looking glow.
Promising review: "AMAZING! So lightweight and perfect for everyday. It literally looks like I am wearing nothing, but I have that extra coverage and it's very buildable. SO worth every penny!" —Customer
Get it from Sephora for $26+ (available in 20 shades and two sizes).
10. E.l.f. Cosmetics Acne Fighting Putty Primer takes care of breakouts and keeps your all-day look right where you left it. How? Acne-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid and zinc, of course. Plus, the velvety formula sweeps over pimples to smooth uneven complexions — just apply pre-foundation or concealer, let it sit for 30 secs, and voila! Fresh-faced canvas.
The 1.8% salicylic acid helps prevent the development of pesky breakouts and redness. Zinc helps reduces inflammation and kaolin keeps oil at bay while minimizing the appearance of pores. Plus! It's vegan and cruelty-free.
Promising review: I’ve only been using this for about a week, but have already noticed a big difference in my skin! I have normal skin, with an oily T-zone, large pores, hormonal breakouts, and hyperpigmentation that leaves my skin scarred for months even if I don’t touch my breakouts. This primer has been clearing my acne (even the tiny ones on my nose), reducing my scars, goes on smooth and makes my skin feel so soft. I easily use it under my tinted sunscreen, putty blush and halo glow setting powder every day and even when I’m not wearing anything else on my face. My skin looks beautiful!" —BeachBunny
11. Coty Airspun oil-reducing and setting powder tackles daily 4 p.m. T-zone shine while locking in your concealer and foundation. Simply put, you can give your skin a quick refresh with this for a "just-applied" look anytime your face becomes more reflective than the screen you've been staring at all day.
Bonus tips: It can also be used as a foundation to even out your skin tone and reduce the appearance of pores and blemishes. AND! You'll want to keep this close by if you over-applied your bronzer, since you can dull it down by sweeping some of this on top to disguise harsh lines.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this powder. I've used more expensive ones in the past, but this one takes the cake. It keeps my makeup on all day, even with my oily skin. I personally don't use the 'baking' method, but even so it keeps my face in place all day, even when I get hot and sweaty. Other reviewers are right, it does have a slight baby powder smell, but it doesn't bother my very much and once you've applied it to your face, the smell disappears. I recommend it to all of my friends!" —Brittany
Get it from Amazon for $5.72+ (available in four shades).
12. Curie Whipped Body Wash is made with a frosty, nonliquid, looks-good-enough-to-eat soap. Lather this all over your bod, or use it on the areas you choose to shave (since it doubles up as a shaving cream!) for your most moisturizing *and* efficient shower yet.
I use this gem as a delectable shaving mousse. It's florally scented — if you like that kinda thing — and helps me achieve a close, super-smooth shave. I personally just love scooping this out of the jar, because it literally feels like a dessert! (I mean...tell me that doesn't that just look like a dollop of ice cream on my hand!) And it lathers up really well so my legs feel smooth, moisturized, and full of life after each and every use.
Curie is a woman-owned brand that launched a clean, aluminum-free deodorant in 2018, and quickly grew a cult following because it actually works. Since then, they've expanded their product selection to include natural hand sanitizers and body oils.
Get it from Curie for $16 (available in three scents).
13. Alleyoop's Pen Pal sparks joy (and nostalgia) into your otherwise hum-drum routine. This 4-in-1 tool has the ability to create full looks and easy end-of-the-day touch-ups. Plus, it's *exceptionally* great if you're trying to cut down on the amount of products you're carrying around.
I didn't realize I'd ever use a makeup product in my 20s that had the ability to transport me back to a piece of stationery I used in sixth grade, but here we are; and here I am using a multitool pen...for my face. I gotta say, I love the concept of the Pen Pal from Alleyoop! After using all of the functions (eyeliner, highlighter, lip liner, eyebrow pencil) and as someone who LOVES makeup but was applying as little as humanly possible during lockdown, I think it’s a great tool for anyone looking to streamline their routine. It's ideal to use for touch-ups come the end of the work day, or a subtle, minimalist way to apply makeup in the a.m. The brow pencil is particularly soft and pigmented, and filled in my eyebrows quickly. I just adore the ease of application of each product, and appreciate the universal, does-it-all-for-you concept. Plus, it saves me so much room in my already-overflowing makeup bag!
Get it from Alleyoop for $25 (available in three shades).
14. Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Super Setter spray secures makeup with a lightweight, waterproof mist that lasts up to 16 hours *with* the added benefit of blurring pores for a satin-soft complexion.
Promising review: "This is the best setting spray that I’ve ever used. I’ve tried multiple high-end sprays and they never truly work. My face gets sweaty, especially with the mask, and this spray has helped me the most as far as keeping my makeup in place. The mist is very fine and it smells amazing. I’m obsessed with this stuff." —Sephora Customer
15. Jill Turnbull Glow Stix define, highlight, and add a touch of shimmer if you're a fan of a full face, or not. These creamy, long-wearing sticks can be applied anywhere you want to add some color. Think: eyelids, cheeks, brow bones, and they can even be used as a lip color for subtle color yet marvelous moisture.
Jill Turnbull is the namesake of the owner and this eco-conscious brand that prides themselves on blue beauty. Translation: Their products are formulated with reef-safe ingredients that are 100% biodegradable, cruelty-free, and go through environmentally conscious production that leaves minimal impact on Mother Earth.
I can attest to the creamy, richly pigmented formula since I was lucky enough to test these babies out. When I'm feeling ambitious with my makeup, I like to dabble in some *light* contouring and these are perfect for that. Now I'm no expert when it comes to beating and baking my makeup, but I do like to add a touch of definition here and there. I use the bronze shade to contour beneath my cheekbones as well as an eyeshadow and the light pink shade is perfect for adding a touch of shimmer to my brow, nose, and cheekbones. They go on smooth and blend in with my skin seamlessly. Plus they're incredibly purse-friendly to carry on the go!
Get it from Jill Turnbull for $32 (available in two shades).